Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 912 with Turbo 3.8L V6 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 912 with Turbo 3.8L V6 conversion

More Pictures:
http://scorpionsearch.com/images/porsche/

1966 Porsche 912 with:
-RS flares grafted onto the rear
-RS front spoiler
-Recent Repaint
-Recently redone interior
-Rebuilt Porsche 901 5spd transmission
-Rebuilt brake system (pedals, calipers, etc.)
-Replaced suspension 3,000 miles ago
-New Tires
-New Brake Pads (4 wheels)
-3,000 mile racing clutch

Engine:
Professional conversion to a 3.8L turbo V6 using renegade hybrids components and completed by "nascar experts" (what I was told).
The engine has:
-Forged Pistons
-Forged Rods
-Forged Crank
-Performance Cam
-Performance Valves
-Performance Lifters
-Ported Aluminum Intake
-Blueprinted/Built
-Edlebrock Performer Series Carburater

With 280hp/350tq prior to being put in storage and a vehicle weight of only ~2,000lbs.

This car is a project, as the car was in storage for about a year prior to being sold to me. I have spent a large chunk of change (more than twice my asking price) in the last 6 months on this car, but I have since replaced it with another BMW and I am willing to cut my losses. I have 5 cars in front of a house with parking for (4), and I am 19 years old paying insurance on (2) cars - I am very motivated.

Current Issues:
-The car overheats... This started 2 months into ownership, when one day the temperature guage stopped working and the electronic fans stopped turning on. I put +12V on the fans and they turned on, so it could be a short, a relay, wiring, etc. - but probably a minor issue along those lines. Both issues happened at once, so probably related.

-The car has a slow oil leak out of the right-side valve cover once the car gets warmed up, probably a cracked valve cover gasket as a result of the time in storage.

-The car needs a tune up, bad.

If you're interested in buying the car it does run and drive, and I do take it to run errands, but if you intend to go farther than 6 blocks from my driveway you will need to get it trailered home. You could use this car as a roller, and remove the hybrid components (which would take a few hours, at most) and transplant any variety of air-cooled possibilities into the car, which still has all its original engine mounts, or you could fix what's in there and get a porsche hybrid for a fraction of the cost of building one from scratch. This car has loads of potential, but it is not the car for me.

The Price:
$8500 or best offer

Car Location:
Southern California, 92653

Send me a PM if you're interested, the car is available for showing all week during the evening, or on the weekend most of the day.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Porsche 912 with Turbo 3.8L V6 conversion (scorp965)

Wrong forum noob....try the vehicle classifieds