Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plz answer these h22 ek questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plz answer these h22 ek questions

well my question is, my buddy and i jus finished the install into my 97 ex. runs ok. but is pretty laggy until vtec kicks in. and it tends to bog really really bad if i have the gas pedel down at a crusing speed. (ie going 70 mph on freeway and holding gas pedel enough to stay at 70 mph).only cel light im gettin is egr, but i tried to bypass that by putting a metel piece in between the egr valve and the head and then i ran a wire to d12 on the ecu. my buddy hooked up the iab also to a 12v and ran a wire to the ecu for that to. it seems to be working, the butterfly moves when i mash the gas. but i read on ht and some people have the iab wired to a ground while others have it wired to a 12v. i tried to wire it to a ground but it didnt work. also im using an hcp mountkit. the motor sits in there pretty straight, its maybe a few centimeters crooked but you can barely tell. i have all the mounts in except for the front crossmember bar which i will have this week. whenever i take right CURVES like a freeway ramp etc, the car shakes really really bad. when i gas it going straight it shakes a little, when i take left turns it drives like a champ, no vibrations whatsoever. ALSO i have an auto ecu, but there are no check lights for it. anyone know y?there isnt much vibration at idle either.so my questions are::::

1. how do i get rid of the egr cel?

2. how do i make my car stop bogging and make it stop being so laggy till vtec and is the iab hooked up right.

3. how do i get the vibrations to stop, will the front bracket and front crossmember bar make the vibrations go away as soon as i put it in?

4. why doesnt the auto ecu throw a check light? could this be wuts cuasing all my problems with the bogging etc..? is it possible i have a manual ecu with auto ecu stickers?

thanks in advance if you can help!

[Modified by Kp_VtekNiks, 9:10 AM 1/6/2003]
Old 01-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Plz answer these h22 ek questions (Kp_VtekNiks)

ttt