Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS???

I was considering purchasing a motor mount kit from Place Racing, but I keep hearing rumors that they are going out of business?

Has anybody else heard this?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (f20b)

You know, people have told me this as well, can anyone confirm?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (Manuel)

uuuuuuuuuh Manuel, that doesn't answer that question
Old 09-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have sent them one of my h22 eg mount that got a little crack on it, waiting on the return mount, i have been trying to call them for the past few days and got no respone but an answer machine, i really need my mount if they are really going out of business, anybody know if i can reach anyone of them personally about my mount???
Old 09-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jacklee)

Place Racing is a reputable company. I got my tranny mount from them when i did a 5-Speed conversion. I wouldnt doubt they are going out of business tho HASPORT's name has been out there a lot more than Place Racing and probably is getting the majority of the Engine mount business. I honestly think that the name of a company has much to do with the success of it.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HYPHYBOY)

Place racing sucks ***** and cant answer their phones. I was told i can call right back and just place an order and i've called at least 50 times in the past 4 days. NO ANSWER. Weak....
Old 09-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use there stuff, Crossmember and mounts, Place isn't to far from my pad. Good guys Give them a call ask for Johnathan 626-334-3345
Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (BoostedENG)

Can ya do me a favor and go over there and have them pick up the phone for me? That'd be great! Thanks!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (Manuel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ther in Azusa C.A. Place Racing </TD></TR></TABLE>
what a great answer.

i have also heard these rumors.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (MikeySpec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeySpec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can ya do me a favor and go over there and have them pick up the phone for me? That'd be great! Thanks!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha
Old 09-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know or have drove by placeracing if it is still open???? can someone that live by found out???
Old 09-10-2004, 12:07 AM

Default Re: (jacklee)

i TOO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT THEM FOR APPROX. 2 WEEKS, NEED SOME GOOD'S, i HAVE A SHOP HERE IN mARYLAND. i HAVE DEALT W/ lOCASH (joe) @ hASPORT, GREAT GUY! aNYHOW pLACE MADE SOME REALLY COOL ****, i.E. THE CROSS MEMBERS aND THE NISSAN MOUNT STUFF FOR MY SR SWAPS. hOPE SOMEONE IN THE AREA CAN SWING BUY THERE AND GET SOME DIRT, IF THEY ARE GOING OUT, I WANNA BUY THE LEFTOVERS..
Old 09-10-2004, 03:16 AM

i wouldnt be surprised if this were true. their motor mount kits suck and constantly break and dont even position the motor the best it should be. they ******* suck! feel sorry for you guys who have the mount kits right now, cuz who are you gonna call when yours gives out. i hope it would be to hasport.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:59 AM

if place is going out of business it is no ones fault but gil's. he does not keep his ear to the customers and has bad customer service. what goes around comes or is coming or came around.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM

Any further details on this? Has anyone been able to contact them yet? ... I have tried a few times myself and no luck, but they are the only company that makes the swap kit for my car.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:50 AM

Ther in Azusa C.A. Place Racing
Old 09-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (donkiman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donkiman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ther in Azusa C.A. Place Racing </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that info does no one any good since they wont pick up the phones and are likely to go under.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:39 AM

**** Place Racing. Their website has been "under construction" for over a year now. Bad business
Old 09-14-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (H23AHybridEG)

someone tell them to pick up their phones. Need new axles now!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (H23AHybridEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** Place Racing. Their website has been "under construction" for over a year now. Bad business </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually its been more like 3 years.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually its been more like 3 years. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No ****? Domn...I thought it was only about a year. Thank you for reinforcing my point
Old 09-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f20b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was considering purchasing a motor mount kit from Place Racing, but I keep hearing rumors that they are going out of business?

Has anybody else heard this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have not personally heard this. But if it happened, it would not come as any surprise. Their customer service is pretty bad, to say the least. I remember about four years ago, I ordered their custom crossmember. They initially told me it would take 2-3 weeks to come because it was on backorder. It ended up taking 2-3 months. And every time I would call then to ask why it was taking so long, I was told that they would be getting the part in any time. But nothing ever came. I went through this cycle quite a few times before the part finally came. Let's just say that service like this doesn't win customer loyalty.

As for their mounts, I had them. And 'hey are okay. But they do place the engine poorly. Specifically, they place it low and foreward - not good if you don't want to bash your oilpan (which I did several times. This position also made it VERY hard to use anything but the stock exhaust manifold. DC JDM 4-1? Forget it! Of course, all of this would be forgivable if you consider that they were one of the first companies to make a mount kit. But they never updated or improved their kit. And because it costs as much as Hasport (which has a MUCH better reputation), they leave little in the way of reasons to choose their product over Hasport. I should know. After all, I dumped my Place Racing mounts in the CRX for Hasport mounts (the HB always had Hasport mounts).
Old 09-18-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (StorminMatt)

Damn shame! Sorry to see any company go down the tubes in the industry, it's a tough one I might ad! Especially a Pioneering company such as there's. I see how everyone is Bashing the company, sorry to see this, I personally on a professional level (shop owner) Have had good if not great thing's to say about PR. I always got my goods within a reasonable time and everything was as ordered, I can't say the same for many other manufacturer's. It appears the bashing is related to only the Honda Mounts, Although a huge market and quit a few companies competing only a couple stand out among those being Hasport. I would like to ad, from my opinion of course, they were/are?( PR ) quit a well-rounded company very diversified, Obviously this is a HONDA / ACURA Forum so talk of other vehicle makes/models is not common, but the fact that PR made CA intakes, very well I might ad for many applications and motor mounts for the Nissan's as well as the trick front cross member's for the Honda's is something that shouldn't go unmentioned or respected. Every company has growing pains and financial problems, this can lead to poor service and marketing, as well as a lack of expedited shipping of goods. I personally have experienced all the aforementioned, but again I made it thru. It's very unfortunate if these rumors are true and I personally will be sorry to see them go if this is the case. Although, I am anxiously awaiting their liquidation sale if this is true.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:23 AM

finally lame *** companies are getting weeded out. is apc next.....?
dun dun dun!!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS??? (importrepairguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importrepairguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Damn shame! Sorry to see any company go down the tubes in the industry, it's a tough one I might ad! Especially a Pioneering company such as there's. I see how everyone is Bashing the company, sorry to see this, I personally on a professional level (shop owner) Have had good if not great thing's to say about PR. I always got my goods within a reasonable time and everything was as ordered, I can't say the same for many other manufacturer's. It appears the bashing is related to only the Honda Mounts, Although a huge market and quit a few companies competing only a couple stand out among those being Hasport. I would like to ad, from my opinion of course, they were/are?( PR ) quit a well-rounded company very diversified, Obviously this is a HONDA / ACURA Forum so talk of other vehicle makes/models is not common, but the fact that PR made CA intakes, very well I might ad for many applications and motor mounts for the Nissan's as well as the trick front cross member's for the Honda's is something that shouldn't go unmentioned or respected. Every company has growing pains and financial problems, this can lead to poor service and marketing, as well as a lack of expedited shipping of goods. I personally have experienced all the aforementioned, but again I made it thru. It's very unfortunate if these rumors are true and I personally will be sorry to see them go if this is the case. Although, I am anxiously awaiting their liquidation sale if this is true.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess this also goes to show that a business has to grow with the times or meet its own demise. And Place Racing failed to grow with the times. They continue (for who knows how long) to sell the exact same mounts that they came out with in 1998-1999.

Quick Reply: Place Racing -- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS???