Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBDI engine harness and distributor into OBDII H22 Prelude questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:00 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OBDI engine harness and distributor into OBDII H22 Prelude questions

Ok so i am converting my 1998 prelude to OBDI engine harness and OBDI distributor. I am using a chipped p28 over the stock ecu as well.
I am confused on what to do so i am creating a thread. I have looked through the faq and found some information but still a little confused.

As we all know, the OBDII h22's have the CKP sensor and TDC sensor on the oil pump and the CYP and pickup in the distributor. Now in the OBDI h22's, all the cam sensors are in the distributor.
I've read that one person took an O2 sensor connector and wired the CKP on the oil pump straight to the wiring on the distributor but i'm really not certain on how this would get done properly. I'm not very confident in my understandings of wiring diagrams.

I'm really just not sure what really needs to be done as electricity is not where i am known to be knowledgeable. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to get my motor running and broken in.

also, when i connect the OBDI engine harness to the OBDII sub harness, one connector on each side is unable to be connected because the plugs are different. I wish i had a camera to make this easier, but i'll have to wait til my roommate gets home.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: OBDI engine harness and distributor into OBDII H22 Prelude questions (98vtec)

Ok, this is what i have so far:

OBDI ecu connector B

B11 = CYP P - input - Orange
B12 = CYP M - ground - white
B13 = TDC P - ground - input - orange/blue
B14 = TDC M - ground - signal - white/blue
B15 = CKP P - ground - input - blue/yellow
B16 = CKP M - ground - blue/yellow

OBDII ecu connector C

C2 = CKP P - CKP sensor - blue
C3 = TDC P - TDC sensor - green
C4 = CYP P - CYP sensor - yellow
C12 = CKP M - CKP ground - white (silver dots)
C13 = TDC M - ground - red (silver dots)
C14 = CYP M - ground - black (silver dots)
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: OBDI engine harness and distributor into OBDII H22 Prelude questions (98vtec)

just so people who search in the future, i found an awesome website that explains all the pin swapping i must do with the OBDII subharness and OBDI engine harness, also all the distributor wiring:

http://importnut.net/h22a_swap.htm