Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD0-OBD1 engine harness conversion... two identical white wires on dizzy plug???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD0-OBD1 engine harness conversion... two identical white wires on dizzy plug???

I'm doing the conversion to run a B18c1 (OBD1) in a 91 CRX Si. The car already had a first generation JDM b16 in it... dunno the guy that did the swap, but I'm assuming they did the swap by modifying the stock crx si wire harness... Either way, I cut the 7-wire distributer plug off of both harnesses (I have the GSR harness) and went to splice each wire on. It turns out that 2 of the 7 wires on that OBD0 dizzy plug are white, 1 is white/blue. Well, the OBD1 plug has 1 white, 1 white/blue (there is obviously another wire on the OBD1 plug left over at the end but I can't think of it at the moment) What do I do??? Are these wires both power??? Has anyone else run into this problem???? Also, there are 3 plugs on the back of the B16 block that are near the oil filter. One is the knock sensor (has a plug on it that is easy to disconnect). One is a oil pressure switch (has a cover on the plug and only one wire coming from it). What is that third sensor... it looks almost exactly like a oil pressure switch, except the casing around it is a little bigger and there are 2 wires coming from the sensor.... This wire doesn't have a real plug-- has what seems like 2 separate oil pressure switch plugs on it? Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about. Please let me know. Thanks a lot

Zack
Old 02-09-2004, 07:12 PM

ttt
Old 02-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: OBD0-OBD1 engine harness conversion... two identical white wires on dizzy plug??? (92TEGsrSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92TEGsrSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, there are 3 plugs on the back of the B16 block that are near the oil filter. One is the knock sensor (has a plug on it that is easy to disconnect). One is a oil pressure switch (has a cover on the plug and only one wire coming from it). What is that third sensor... it looks almost exactly like a oil pressure switch, except the casing around it is a little bigger and there are 2 wires coming from the sensor.... This wire doesn't have a real plug-- has what seems like 2 separate oil pressure switch plugs on it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The larger rubber plug is the plug for the coolant temp which is on the back of the block for OBD0 motors. The coolant temp sensor on the B18C is now on the thermostat housing. You need to extend the wiring up to the thermostat or unloom it since the wires come in from the passenger side and you can just cut off the excess slack in the wires. You need to change the plug to a regular round 2 prong plug.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: OBD0-OBD1 engine harness conversion... two identical white wires on dizzy plug??? (VTECVillain)

yeah what he said..

as for the distributor.. my sites down so i cant give you mah link.. but..

the two white wires going to the distributor on the si harness that if you dive in a lil deeper into the harness.. one is coupled with an orange wire.. white/blue with orange/blue and then another white one is by itself.. that lone white wire on i think every obd1 distributor plug goes to yellow/green..

picture it like this..
orange is always next to white
orange/blue is always next to white/blue
blue/yellow is always next to blue/green

in the harness or on the plug.. those will always be together/next to eachother
just try to figure out the pattern on the plug

the odd man out connects to the odd man out.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: OBD0-OBD1 engine harness conversion... two identical white wires on dizzy plug??? (truent)

thanks a lot for all the advise, guys