Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor in a b16 civic CX

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor in a b16 civic CX

OK guys i have the motor running just have to hook up the o2 sensor yet. Now I think that the white wire from the o2 sensor goes to D14, Green wire goes to D22, Black wire goes to A6, Black wire goes to A25. Now, D22 already has a green wire in it, A6 has a orange/black wire in it, and A25 already has a yellow black in it. Do I need to cut these wires and attach the o2 wires to the according spots or do i splice on to those already existing wires? Your help is much needed. Thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: o2 sensor in a b16 civic CX (alexb16hb)

nice try young jedi..

the white wire on the 4 wire o2 splice that to your original 1 wire..

the black/yel comes off of your injector ground splitting thingie.. the little capped plug on your harness.. has a bunch of yel/blk wires coming off it.. get a wire and pin off another plug and put it into one of the capped spots on that plug.. or if you wanna be ghetto just splice it in to any of the ones already there.. make sure the part you cut is still connected though.. just 't' your o2 wire to it..

the grn wire goes to any grn/wht wire on your harness other than the map.. so you can splice it to any of those sensor wires with grn/wht wire.. (or run it to d22 and splice it there)

and the black/wht wire splice to a6..

if you have a 92.. your chassis harness side of the main plug will have that last one.. if not.. it will have a plugged wire hole where you can run a splice from a6 to
and you can have a completely clean harness..

g'luck
Old 03-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a write-up I did a while back for the CX 4 Wire O2 wiring, it works like a charm:

WHT wire from the 4 wire O2 will connect to the BLK wire on your present CX 1 wire O2 sensor. This wire goes to D14 which is O2 Sensor Input. Using your factory CX O2 wire for this connection will eliminate the need to run the wire to the ECU and/or finding shielded wire to use to do that.

GRN wire from the 4 wire O2 is the Sensor Ground. This wire will need to be grounded somewhere. The factory common ground for other sensors on the thermostat housing would be best.You will have 2 BLK wires on the O2, either one can make either connection so there's no need to try and distinguish which is which.

BLK wire from the 4 wire O2 goes to A6 on the ECU which is the O2 Heater Control. Now you can run the wire to the ECU pinout if you want, or you can wire it up under the hood (better). Run the wire up to the top 14 connector plug on the passenger harness. It will need connected to the ORG/BLK wire (#2 location) on the chassis side plug. If you can get an extra engine side wire with pin to plug into the corresponding spot on the engine harness, that will make it more like stock.

BLK wire (the other one) is the Sensor Voltage (12V+). You can connect it to any of the YEL/BLK wires going to the fuel injectors, the IACV, Evap purge, etc.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Re: o2 sensor in a b16 civic CX (VTECVillain)

thanks guys I am going to go and try this now. Ill get back if any thing goes wrong. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:02 PM

well vtec villian I tried it the way you said and I am still getting the cel ( one flash) if I clear the codes hook the neg batt. terminal back up, jump the connector, and turn the key to check codes I shoudn't have any but for some reason I do. is it possible that I have the black wires swapped, what do you mean by shielded wire(I used reg. 16 gauge wire) could that be my prob.

the black wire that is my 12vt does that go to the junction on the drivers side shock tower where all of the other (yellow/blk) wires go. ( thats where I hooked it up)

green wire I grounded on the thermostat housing with the rest of the wires

white wire I plugged into the original connecter

orange/black I hooked up at teh pass. side shock tower to the other orange black wire in the harness.

is this correct or wrong. This is driving me crazy.
Arghgrhhghgh
Old 03-23-2004, 01:48 PM

help