Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no spark?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark?!

okay, some of you know that i was having fuel leaking problems on my obd1 b16a. well i finally got that fixed, but for some reason i now have no spark. i have checked the fuses. all are good. and i have all the grounds. tranny, valve cover, wire harness to thermo housing. i know i have power because i test the distribution block from my relocated battery and the light lights up. i check the starter it has power going to it. check my power going to the fuse box, it has power. and i check the thick black and yellow wire coming from the wire harness to the distributor and the light lights up. i have completed a ignitor unit input test and everything looked good. i reached the step to where it said "if all test check okay, and unit still fails, replace the ignitor." from that point i try to see if there is any power in the plug wires and there is nothing. i know i should replace them, but they gave me spark before. i don't see how these could have gone bad. i haven't checked them with the ohm meter because im not totally sure how (might sound weird since i checked the distributor) but when i put the ohm meter on one end of the plug wire to the other end i get nothing. when i do set the car to "II" i believe if i remember correctly, i can hear the pump prime and i hear a little wistle which soon stops. i guess air in the fuel line? but i also hear a little "humm" that sound to be coming from the alternator. i did have it checked and it checked to be good. i also discovered that my speed sensor was disconnected from the tranny, but i tried hooking it back up. seems to be very tight and im not sure if its totally in? does this have an affect on whether the car can start or not? also is there a way to check my ecu. should i look for burn marks or something? is there anything else that has given people problems and how can i test those specific items you list. thanks to anyone who can give some insight.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no spark?! (Origin)

boy sounds strange origin, you probably do have air in the fuel lines though, just crack the fuel line to the fuel filter or rail and crack it a second or two, just watch that gas doesn't go everywhere of course. as far as the spark prob. thats wierd check your main ignition relay, the one up under the dash just above the hood latch pull, its a pretty common thing with honda, especially if you just relocated the battery as well. good luck figuring it out.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no spark?! (ibemebewhobeyoube)

thanks for the help man. ill try that fuel line trick and also see about checking the main relay. anyone else have any insight?
Old 03-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh i forgot to put in the thread that u need to crack it and turn it over for a few seconds to get the fuel pump to push it through sorry origin,
Old 03-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

still looking for ideas. gonna work on it some more friday and need some help thanks.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:27 AM
JTB

there is lots of things it could be. you love in mobile i used to live there . i worked at treadwell honda i now work at a honda dealership up here mabye we know eachother? when you get some time just call me shop i will be there from 10-5 sat. i will help you over the phone it will be easier than post and reply. i will tell you some quick tests to do and it will be runnin in no time! 920-729-0023 justin
Old 03-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no spark?! (JTB)

you have pm.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:04 PM
JTB

yeah