Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No idea what to do with my teg

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No idea what to do with my teg

So i just made this account today because im in a little bit of a situation here. First off i have a 99 integra gsr that has a rebuilt title (stolen and recovered) the body is miiiiint as **** but ive been having some problems lately. I was overheating then randomly saw a hole in my rad it looked like a rock had come between the fan and the radiator and it sliced it open and i was leaking coolant everywhere. I said **** it pull off the head get it resurfaced and get myself an aftermarket rad. So 7-800$ later ive got my teg back im happy..maybe too happy cause a couple days later i managed to **** something up now my head is knocking. So i didnt drive it for the weekend but now i have no choice i need to get to work and back and im not spending around 60$ a day on taxis to do so. Now my question is what in the **** should i do. My mechanic says theres an oil passage in the block thats all gunked up but hes not sure if its where he can get to it without taking the motor out. I was going to just buy a new head and thats it but he told me its possible that it could happen again (not sure how long it would be good for) basically my choices are buya new head and hope for the best(cheapest option), pull the motor and clean the **** out of it and buy a new head, pull the motor and swap an h22 in that bitch with an h2b kit. What would you guys do? More suggestions would be awesome im stuck here i neeeeed to get to work and back everyday, im usually working 6-7 days a week. Thanks for any help