Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No ground condition on h22 in eg on injectors.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ground condition on h22 in eg on injectors.

Like the title say I for some reason can't get the ground to injector clips to work on one of my h22 eg that I've been working on. I have fuel at the rail and ignition at my coils on my CPR. I have confirmed that I have correct voltage at injector clips when ignition is on, I am using Id2000 injectors so no resister box. I have two ground straps that are 6 gauge one on driver side to body and one on passenger side from t housing to body I have confirmed ecu works by putting it in my h22 prelude. I have the ecu grounded on thousing. Car has correct timing, and lm lost what should I check next I've checked around and can't find anything really help!!! Lol
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No ground condition on h22 in eg on injectors.

don't be suprised if you see the part out of the century soon I'm about done with this damn car...messed with it some more now it won't even crank. Fuel pump kicks on but now it wont turn over :l.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, so I have ground and power when the ignition is turned over but as soon as I start cranking I have no ground at the injector clips. I know that the ground is controlled by the ecu, so does that mean my brand new hondata s300 equipped ecu is bad? It's a p28... Ground at g101 is there any help or point me in a direction would be great...
Old 04-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Code 6 pops up coolant temp can this cause for a no fire situation? Lol someone help me out here. I plan to replace sensor when I get done with some army **** tonight.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The ground output from the ecu to the injector happens fast and for short periods of time. This makes it hard to see with a dvom. Best way to confirm an injector signal is with a scope. If you don't have that when use a nod light or stethoscope. If the ecu has power and ground and the injectors have power, but neither the coils nor injector fire then its most likely a distributor issue. If the injectors are no firing, but the coils do then its most likely the ecu (injector drivers inside). All this assumes that you have checked all wiring for shorts, opens, missing, and wrong connections.

No crank if a good battery and fuel pump running is:
-poor ground to tranny
-bad starter signal
-bad ignition switch
-bad clutch switch
-bad starter

Most likely. Good luck
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by patroick67
Code 6 pops up coolant temp can this cause for a no fire situation? Lol someone help me out here. I plan to replace sensor when I get done with some army **** tonight.
Ect code will cause runability issues, but not keep it from firing.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for replying Andy, joe at locash helped me fix it, it was an embarrassing problem with my CPR. I still have that ect code but can't get the car to idle but I suck with s300 so it might just be the Basemap. If I hold the throttle down a little bit it will start but it's rough. I have replaced every coolant sensor and code 6 wont go away. However it reads the correct temp in hondata. I'm guessing just a Basemap issue. Id2000s just wont idle
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Id2000 should idle just fine. They are a little hard to hit a specific AFR at idle just because one increment up or down is a large change. You'll probably find that where it likes to idle might be a little rich. No big deal. Just play with it. You should be able to get them to idle better than most rochester style 1000's