Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need wiring help ASAP

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I only get FIVE responses per day so I'll try to be as specific as possible.

First off, I have a 94 Honda Civic VX Bubbleback (SOHC VTEC Stock) that I'm swapping in a JDM B16A2 (DOHC VTEC).

The first question is regarding wiring. I used the Stock(USDM) ECU-Firewall harness and the Donor (JDM) Firewall to Engine Harness. I extended the power wire and two connectors to reach across the engine bay since it's reversed and everything plugs in fine EXCEPT one plug (USDM) on the passenger side shock tower. (JDM ECU plugged into the stock USDM wiring inside the car)

That said, I tried to start the car and it just cranks w/o spark. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to wire up a knock sensor and if so, HOW??? I don't see any extra wires from the JDM harness...

Also, I need a replacement oil pressure switch. The one on TOP of the oil filter, not under it. What's the part # (available in the US) for that? If that's missing, would that cause the car to not start/no spark?

If anyone is available through AIM to help me, please IM me... My SN is DTKim. Thanks.

This car is needed for college and college is already in session... I know I'm so close....

NEW UPDATE: Plugged in stock wiring for everything (USDM all the way). Couple things I need to extend... but now the question is what else do I need to do? (New wires, etc.) and how? Thanks...

Modified by DTKim at 11:09 AM 9/7/2004
Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 PM

the knock sensor would not affect the car starting. I would check that the dizzy wires all got hooked up right, were you swapping to obd1 from obdo at the same time? if so try swapping the 2 whit wires on the dizzy.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 AM

The car is OBDI and the engine is OBDII.

Also, what radiator should I order cause the stock one has smaller holes/connections than the new motor. And any part #'s for the hoses? Thanks.

Anyone have a link to how the wiring changes should be like? I've been searching but can't find anything!
Old 09-07-2004, 06:33 PM
cute little bastard

Default Re: (DTKim)

bump
Old 09-07-2004, 06:46 PM

Okay, ANOTHER EDIT....

The Engine is OBD I... Confirmed by the disty having two plugs, not one. Hopefully that helps someone figure out a way to help me...
Old 09-09-2004, 05:13 AM

Okay, scratch everything... apparently all my problems have been caused by a few faulty parts... GRRRRRRR... For future reference:

1. No Spark - Ignition Coil
2. Not staying on - Ignition Key Cylinder not locking in (ON) position after cranking.
3. Low/bad idle/slow revs - Bad Fuel Injector.

So thanks for all your help guys.