Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some clearification on a 2wd civic wagon/ integra swap. Help if you can.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some clearification on a 2wd civic wagon/ integra swap. Help if you can.

Well, it seems like most of the searches in the [archives] has brought up the usuall ignorant know-it-all H-T members advising nothing more than to "search." Searching for information on wagons is alot like a dog chasing their tail.
Well, besides the point... I own a wagon. The 88-91 wagons are like the "ugly-ducklings" of the EF civic family; however, it has grown on me. Unfortunately, my wagon is having "technical difficulties," such that the clutch is going and it burns enough oil to brag about. For the past couple of months, I have though about swapping my wagon with a nice reliable and torquey b18ba from a 89-91 integra. I am very familier with 94-01 integra/92-95 civic swaps being that I performed one roughly a year ago(see sig). I have my eye on a complete running salvage 90 integra.
My question is, Will everything from this integra bolt into the wagon? Will the shift linkage, motor mounts, clutch cable, throttle cable, fuel lines, axles, halfshaft, front knuckles, wiring and ecu all be plug and play? Also, what is the chance that integra seats bolt into wagons...? I am hopeing to perform the swap in a matter of a few weeks, and i am crazy enough to do it with snow on the ground. I have faith that if the swap is as straight foward as a civic/integra swap, I can have it completed in 12 hours with a friend. Please, inform me on the facts of what I may run into and the differences in the EF wagons and civics. I AM planning on doing a write up on this, so i am looking for some reliable recources from you fine H-T members. Thanks

-Justin
Old 12-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some clearification on a 2wd civic wagon/ integra swap. Help if you can. (Jwbetley)

I pirated this picture. I just feel that more people will ckick on a thread that has a picture icon

My wagon will be getting a complete underbody coat paint job. The goal is the ultimate daily driver. Help if you can.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to do something similar to my 83 civic I own. :D
Old 12-18-2005, 12:53 PM

I will both help you and scold you at the sime time. If you would have really looked, you would have seen there are quite a few wagonists on this board. And TONS of information available. Many B-swapped FWD wagons and every D-series 4wd setup you could imagine.

To answer your question, your FWD EE (correct term, look at your VIN) is identical to every other FWD Civic of the same year. Mounts, linkage, yadda yada...

4wd, is quite a different story
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1076909
This is my RT4wd Civic wagon. I can honestly say the only reason I have it is for our NW winters. Unfortunately, I wrecked it in June (it doubled as my pizza delivery car) and now I'm in the middle of parting it out. I'm also in the market for another clean 4wd that will recieve an OBD-0 B16 w/ CRV tranny. Should be fun

For more specific information, check out http://www.hondacivicwagon.com Not the most active forum in the world, but lots of good infromation and examples (if you look hard, cuz it's in there).

If you have any other questions, PM me, I've got these wagons down pretty well and I'm horrible about re-checking threads.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:28 PM
86%

Default Re: (GeorgeLouis1618)

If the wagons are the ugly duckling of the EF world, and EFs are the ugly ducklings of the civic world.... haha just playing around man.

And good info in the last post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the 83 civics? Anything in a D or B fit in there without too much hassle?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:31 PM

Don't take my word for it, I'd fact check but I'm on dial-up right now, but I believe the 83's (which is the same year as the 86-87?) is limited to the D16A1 that came from the first gen Integra's. Being a rather easy swap anyway. Anything is possible with money and time.

I urge you guys that are intrigued by these cars to check out http://www.hondacivicwagon.com! You'll be amazed at what you find...