Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx

Actually I just wanted to know is it possible. And if it is what do I need to do it???????????

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Re: need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx (Engn)

hahaha... actually.. i've never seen a f20c in a crx.. but i have seen the NSX motor in one... took MAJOR FABRICATION!!!!!! lol it was quick tho i guess.... i think it ran like 12.4 or something like that stock... i can't remember for sure tho...
Old 07-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything is possible. Might as well build your own chasis instead of using the CRX.

Do a search, firstly.

Second off, the motor rotates the opposite way as the D15 in the CRX, which means you'd have to mount it on the other side of the car. After that, what tranny are you going to use? RWD tranny won't work in a FWD car- there is no shift linkage.

Cry and get over it, it won't work.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx (Quik Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quik Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anything is possible. Might as well build your own chasis instead of using the CRX.

Do a search, firstly.

Second off, the motor rotates the opposite way as the D15 in the CRX, which means you'd have to mount it on the other side of the car. After that, what tranny are you going to use? RWD tranny won't work in a FWD car- there is no shift linkage.

Cry and get over it, it won't work. </TD></TR></TABLE>
everyone says this "rotates the other way" thing
if you mount the engine the SAME WAY ITS IN THE car it comes out of, it will work fine. this is for the k20 engines.

the f20 will not bolt into your crx. sorry. im not gonna say "anything is possible with money" because i highly dobut you have enough money to do this.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:57 AM

Default Re: need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx (Kamin)

Really, just swap in a B18C5 and throw some money into it to get that 240 hp. It'll still be cheaper AND WAY easier than trying to get an F20 into it and working as well the the c5.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Front drive or rear drive?

brian g
Old 07-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
everyone says this "rotates the other way" thing
if you mount the engine the SAME WAY ITS IN THE car it comes out of, it will work fine. this is for the k20 engines.

the f20 will not bolt into your crx. sorry. im not gonna say "anything is possible with money" because i highly dobut you have enough money to do this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What I ment was opposite of B-series motors, so obviously some simple mount kit attaching to the OEM mount points in the chasis won't work.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:12 AM

Default Re: need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Front drive or rear drive?

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rear drive would be sweet just to be different and help in that traction area. I dunno if I have all that time though.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need some advice on how to mount f20c into crx (Quik Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quik Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What I ment was opposite of B-series motors, so obviously some simple mount kit attaching to the OEM mount points in the chasis won't work.

Sorry for the confusion. </TD></TR></TABLE>
no but think about it
if you mount the engine in the OEM position, it rotates fine. (intake manifold twords front of car)

you would technically have to mount it backwards to have a problem with the rotation.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:02 PM

first, you need more than just the engine and tranny, i would suspect you would have to obtain have of what goes into an s2000 in terms of fluid systems, rear driveline assembly and steering controls

second check to see if the wheel base of the crx and the s2000 is the same, if they are diffrent you would have to get a custom built drive shaft

third, you would need to tear your crx apart to the metal frame, and cut out sections along the middle of your car for the drive shaft to pass through, then re-weld it with re-enforced materials and a weld-in rollcage would be a good thing to install at this point.

then install everything back in, and have half the engine compartment parts custom fabricated for their relocation.

its VERY POSSIBLE, whoever thinks its IMPOSSIBLE is a fool. It will simply be a long and very expensive journy.

But i think the best way to look at it is the realitve cost of the s2000, which isnt that high if you think about it.

So only attempt this if either YOU are an experienced mechanic with expert knowledge of how to use a welder, or you HAVE A VERY GOOD FRIEND, who is an experienced mechanic with profound knowldege of how to use a welder.