Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice with H22 in coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice with H22 in coupe

Ok, over the summer I put a h22 in my 95 civic coupe as a project. I got the swap done and had the car running. I recently went off to college and got my dad to take it to a garage to get the timing and a few other things worked out since I don't have anytime to fix it on my own right now. Well the garage told him that the engine wasn't in there correctly and that it needs to be shifted back 3/4 inch so the axles will line up straight. I have the new hasport mounts and hasport high horsepower axles. The right axle does rub against the suspension fork that the axle goes through very slightly. Right now I don't know what to do because I don't want to spend a lot of money getting this fixed for nothing. I was wondering if y'all could maybe post some underneath pics of you car so I can show my dad and see what i need to do about it (he won't believe anything I say). And some advice to what y'all would do in the situation or if you have had any problems like this with h22s in coupes.

If it helps the car has tokico shocks and skunk2 coils and ins't extremely low(about 1 or 2 fingers inbetween the wheel well). Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Need some advice with H22 in coupe (black92lude)

on my set up i have avid mounts and made my axels myself, and have no problems with binding or rubing. my car on the other hand is only dropped 1.5 inches. expecially at stock height i had no problem what so ever with clearence or rubbign. try raising your car up a little and see what happens. dosnt sound right have ing ur engine 3/4 of a inch foward with hasport mounts. this set up is netorious with having problems of axel binding, bottoming out, and rubbage with a extream drop, due to the size of the H series engine. If you have time fool around with it see if u can get it lined up.

another know it all hack shop
Old 11-23-2005, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

makes me think maybe you had some wreck damage or somthing? I am using the EXACT same mount axles combo you are with no probs
Old 11-23-2005, 05:47 AM

is the axle rubbing the fork when the car is sitting on the ground, or just when its jacked up?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Need some advice with H22 in coupe (dreamer)

I thought it was just hitting the fork when the car was jacked up, but i was told that it was also rubbing when the car is on the ground. I have never heard anything like the metal against metal while driving my car. I think that they are just over reacting because when i have had the car jacked up i have had it on and with lsd you now that both tires slightly turn while the car is in neutral. I might get my car back and fool around with it a little bit during winter break. But if something is wrong with it the only thing i can think would be that it has been wrecked or something is wrong with the mounts or axles(which i seriously dought since they are from a very reputable company)

Has ANYONE had any problems like this before? thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
* B A N N E D *

what the hell coupe is it in

you told us how many doors the car has, that is about the only thing that DOES NOT matter,

tell us what year it is dog...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Need some advice with H22 in coupe (EGmikeH22)

either he edited his post or you blew it. its in the first line of the original post
Old 11-24-2005, 04:49 AM
* B A N N E D *

<reading owns me

i'll take some underbody pics next weekend when im with my car to make up for it (92)

but i can tell you my axles don't rub on anything through their entire travel.