Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP PLEASE ON LAST ENGINE CODE

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP PLEASE ON LAST ENGINE CODE

-ok here is the deal.. i am running a 98 usdm gsr motor in a 96 ek hatchback. We used the existing stock wiring harness on the hatchback and added the necessary wires for vtec and other lengthened wires. The car runs perfect except for the last useless engine code. i wouldnt really care about it but i am trying to REF my car. The last code is related with the evap emissions system and the fuel pressure sensor in the gastank of the car. the problem is the 96 ek never came with a fuel pressure sensor in the gas tank and the 98 gsr came with one. Hence the computer looks for it and its not there. I have thought of doing just about everything. Switching gas tanks, wiring harnesses, everything. I need help getting around or solving this last two trip code. i thought about switching to a 96 gsr computer but didnt know if it would have the same problem. please shed some light on this subject... any help would greatly be appreciated
Old 07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you run the 96 EX computer? It'll run lean, but who cares, you just need to pass, then you can swap back.