Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help.......can it be the timming or the dizzy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help.......can it be the timming or the dizzy?

i just started my motor i have a 1992 honda civic cx and i just put in a B16......i started it and when you just let it idle it wont even idle itll just die.....but when you rev it up to about 2 3 K it sounds just like a WRX wit an exhaust not clean like it but it bobs just like that........can it be my timming or the dizzy?......i check the cam gears and they are both the same way you know where it says "UP" but havnt checked the crank yet i didnt put it to top dead center but so far the "UP" is goin the same direction....if you need more info let me know......
Old 12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help.......can it be the timming or the dizzy? (EDVxRICHARD)

bump
Old 12-04-2005, 06:37 PM

are all the plugs plugged in the correct places?(MAP/TPS) also check the timing as well like you mentioned good luck
Old 12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help.......can it be the timming or the dizzy? (92Jspec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92Jspec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are all the plugs plugged in the correct places?(MAP/TPS) also check the timing as well like you mentioned good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea they are and i am going to check if all the sparks are goin through if they are then i am goin to check the timming......i think its the timming most likely because the belt looks FUCKEd up....i didnt realize it until i took off the valve cover so i guess some teeth on the belt are gone and it fucked up the timming........wat do you think
Old 12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey update i have just searched around for the firing order and tell me if im wrong or not........but by lookin at the dizzy starting from the top left is 3 the top right is 4 the bottem left is 1 and the bottom right is 1 correct? and then the cylinders would go by the order of from left to right 1 2 3 4 correct? well i checked it and this is how it looks like............the 4th one from the dizzy is connected to the first cylinder.........the 3rd one from the dizzy goes to the second cylinder........the 2nd from the dizzy goes to the third cylinder.........and the 1st from the dizzy goes to the fourth cylinder......incorrect? i think so cuz ive talked to someone and they told me in this order 1,3,4,2 thats correct?.......and the second cylinder is the only one firing correctly so i guess that explains why my car sounded like a Shitty *** WRX and when i full throttle it it sounds like a shitty 2 step