Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP

Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP

This weekend I changed the intake manifold gasket on my car. It's a 99 civic sedan with a b-16a I'm not sure of the year on the motor I got it from a good friend of mine anyways. I have a AEBS intake manifold on it also. I also had to fix one of the vaccum lines in the back of the intake mani. Also I changed the oil and filter and I run the S2k filter on the car. Well got everything fixed and the idle is good and steady. I took it for a road test to make sure everything is okay, I was driving the car and once it get's to the higher rev range the car falls on it's face really bad. It won't climb threw the rev range after about 4700-5000. The car acts like it's in lymph mode but it I'm steady on the gas it will pretty much go threw the revs but when I push the pedal at a rapid speed like ot get on it the car ispretty much dying out on me. I ran code on it and it says the check engine light is on because of the Air Intake Tempature Sensor. It's not hooked up and it hasn't been for the last 2 years I have had the motor in the car and I've never had a problem till now. I reset the computer and I even ran my Skunk2 ECU I have sitting around and nothing seems to help can anyone tell me what's going on. It seems like the car is not going into V-tec or it's not pulling air in. I am at my wit's and and I can't afford to take it to a shop and I just hope someone has the answer. Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP (jdmable)

you had the IAT disconnected for 2 years and never had a problem before? thats wierd.

I am guessing it never threw that code before right?

Well the problem obviously originates from something you changed this weekend. I would double check all your work if you have not done so already. Check for correct routing of all vaccum lines, sensors, etc. Its usually something basic
Old 02-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you had the IAT disconnected for 2 years and never had a problem before? thats wierd.

I am guessing it never threw that code before right?

Well the problem obviously originates from something you changed this weekend. I would double check all your work if you have not done so already. Check for correct routing of all vaccum lines, sensors, etc. Its usually something basic</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I went threw everything I could see and it seems like everything it hooked up fine but I'm going to run threw it again tonight to make sure thanks.

Actually I had never checked the code before but I have never had this problem. My car is OBD2b so the plug was wrong for it so I just never hooked it up and it's beed fine till now.