Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ITR build...plz help...=/....Really need it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 My ITR build...plz help...=/....Really need it!!!!

Hey, okay this is my first post so yea. So I have a 90 civic HB, i bought a B18C for it and just recently installed it. The only mods I have done to it are a excedy stage 1 clutch with a fidanza 7 1/2 lb flywheel, AEM intake and that's it. Everything else is ITR. Oh and I do have a cat and resonator in it with 2.5 piping. Also I have no AC or power steering. Here's the thing the power I am getting from is not what I expected and I am trying to figure out why??????? For one my take off is okay but my high end power is =/.... I don't know why or what's the problem. Then when I punch it it'll take off but not keep accelerating like it should. Also I cant really tell if my Vtech is kicking in. I know that once Vtech kicks I should be able to hear it but for some reason I doubt it's kicking in.

I'm asking if you guys can please help me. Let me know what's going on and what can I or should I do. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Also what mods do you guys recommend or how should I build this baby. If possible please name parts and name brands that are best for it. I would really appreciate it. Yes this is daily driven and I do hope to one day add a turbo to this little beast of mine?????????????

Lastly I'm stuck on this. My original motor had one oxygen sensor but the ITR has two oxygen sensors. The thing is my check engine sign is on and if I connect the second one I am hopping it to turn off, but what I am worried about is will I lose power or stay the same or maybe gain some? Also could it be that my check engine sign is on because the ITR has anti lock brake system and my car does not so I was not able to hook it up?????????????

PLEASE GUYS HELP I REALLY NEED IT AND WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My ITR build...plz help...=/....Really need it!!!!

well i can tell your vtec isn't kicking in cuz a itr motor vtec screams! check your wireing for vtec.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:01 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I moved this from the ITR to the Hybrid forum.

Questions:
1) Have you pulled the CEL code. If not, stop asking questions and do so. (Why do people ignore these CELs and start asking questions? The CEL will tell you what is wrong.)
2) What ECU are you running? Is it modified?
3) Is the engine JDM and the ECU USDM? (JDM engines do not have a VTEC pressure switch and USDM engines seek that signal.)
Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Dogginator
I moved this from the ITR to the Hybrid forum.

Questions:
1) Have you pulled the CEL code. If not, stop asking questions and do so. (Why do people ignore these CELs and start asking questions? The CEL will tell you what is wrong.)
2) What ECU are you running? Is it modified?
3) Is the engine JDM and the ECU USDM? (JDM engines do not have a VTEC pressure switch and USDM engines seek that signal.)
I am running the stock ECU that came with it so the type r one from japan.
I have both the engine and the ECU JDM
I'm sorry man but I actually do not know what the CEL code is so if you don't mind explaining it to me, please do. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

If it is the stock P73 JDM ECU, it is ODBII. The CEL (check engine light) should tell you exactly why it is on. The probelm is that since it is a hybrid, we do not know exactly how it was wired to pull the codes. If you have the blue service connector in the passenger kick panel, you can jumper that with a paperclip and read the codes from the flashing CEL.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
New User

Originally Posted by Dogginator
If it is the stock P73 JDM ECU, it is ODBII. The CEL (check engine light) should tell you exactly why it is on. The probelm is that since it is a hybrid, we do not know exactly how it was wired to pull the codes. If you have the blue service connector in the passenger kick panel, you can jumper that with a paperclip and read the codes from the flashing CEL.
oh giz man my bad i didnt know that was the abbreviation for that.
okay man I know I sound like a super noob but I'm not really I just don't know all the crazy names and abbreviations. But I'm slowly but surely learning them.........
hey man i just checked my ECU and in the middle of the serial number i read P30, I read up on it and according to info it's the special edition del sol ECU with Vtech. But do you think that's what's causing all my problems or maybe some of them?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:01 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

That USDM del Sol ECU is most likely looking for a VTEC pressure switch that does not exist on a JDM engine. You really need to pull the CEL codes to confirm this. BTW: it is VTEC.