Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my first motor swap done and running well.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first motor swap done and running well.

hey guys, just joined the site and wanted to give a breakdown of my swap.

this past saturday night and sunday morning i did a b18c1 into a 93 civic si. i was rather suprised at how easy it actually was. i decided to go with a chipped p28 and a skunk2 manifold, so there was no wiring to change whatsoever. everything went in exactly how the stock motor came out, but it took me till today to get some of the little bugs worked out. i had to replace nearly every coolant hose and a few vacuum lines, but it seems to be running great now ( after it warms up that is.) it has a very annoying purge at idle for the first few minutes. all in all im very pleased with the set up. here's the breakdown on my car.

93 si, gutted with 2 momo buckets, rci 5 points, and 4 point weld in roll bar.

Neuspeed/Bilstein coilovers, ST swaybars, neuspeed front and rear strut tower bars

wr blue mica color swap, vis carbon hood, amber corners, spoon knock off mirrors, ww duckbill, ex frontchin spoiler, 15 in black slipstreams.

94 b18c1 motor, aem shorty, skunk2 manifold, 4-1 header, test pipe, thermal cat-back, UR crank pulley (no a/c or p/s), UR cam gears, GSR tranny with phantom grip lsd, ACT prolite flywheel, ACT hdss clutch. jdmhondaparts ffs1 ecu, type r valve cover, str cam seal.

im planning to go to the dragstrip to see what i can run with it, but i'm more concerned with having fun at beaverun road course. if anyone is around the pittsburgh area and wants to got to an open track day sometime, let me know. id love to get to race with some other hybrids or honda's in general.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my first motor swap done and running well. (jeremyEG)

great swap man. glad everything went well..

welcome to the board.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:07 PM

Default Re: my first motor swap done and running well. (poison)

Congrats on the swap. Sounds good. I've heard nightmares about the Phantom grip LSD..
Old 06-05-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: my first motor swap done and running well. (00MRSi)

yeah ive heard lots of horror stories online also. but ive never had anyone who actually had one tell me they were bad. honestly the only people ive talked to who have them seem to love them. i know they are nowhere near the quality of a quiafe or kazz or cusco, but i know my car has extemely better traction than my friends ek with a b18c1. i can not even get a chirp into 3rd with worn out nitto 450's
just a solid chirp in second. my friends ek can get a descent chirp into fourth with the open diff, so im happy with the pg. i also got it for nex to nothing. under 300 installed. i think it was well worth it. ill let you guys know if something breaks though.