Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mount problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mount problem

Putting a JDM GSR motor in my EG. We bolted up the two side mounts and went to do the back mount. The bracket is about an inch away from being able to bolt up(to bolt it up the motor would need to be pushed towards the rear of the car by about an inch). The mounts are off of an ITR so the bracket is a B series bracket. Should we have bolted up the rear mount first? Even if we get the rear bolted up it seems as if the side mounts wouldnt work or would be too stressed because they are flexed towards the rear of the car. Anyone have a solution or somethign I should look for? TIA for any help
Old 06-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you using b-series sidemounts also?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Honda Sport)

the pass side side mount is a b series. The drivers side is a d series because the guy that had the motor before me had to swap the bracket off of the side of the motor so he could use his mounts in his EK.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mount problem (JapTendencies)

Always put the rear bracket in place when installing the engine, as it is a major PITA to do it later.. Back up and try it that way..

-joe
Old 06-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mount problem (locash)

getting the bracket on the motor is no problem. That took all of 10 minutes to get on.

Now, if you are saying unbolt the other mounts and connect the rear mount while the motor is still on the hoist, we thought about doing that. But, the distance it had to move back seemed as if it would not allow the other mounts to line up. Is this common and we just have to start beating the hell out of it to fit it in there? Cuz if thats what it takes it will be done lol.

Also, does anyone have any idea how to tell the difference in a 99-00 Si rear bracket and an integra rear bracket?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JapTendencies)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JapTendencies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the pass side side mount is a b series. The drivers side is a d series because the guy that had the motor before me had to swap the bracket off of the side of the motor so he could use his mounts in his EK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Now r you saying that the driver side mount/bracket is from a 96 and up civic? If so than thats your problem. You need to switch it out for a integra driver side bracket and mount to make it fit into ur eg(92-95) civic.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxrpm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxrpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now r you saying that the driver side mount/bracket is from a 96 and up civic? If so than thats your problem. You need to switch it out for a integra driver side bracket and mount to make it fit into ur eg(92-95) civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the drivers side mount is off of a d series. I've been told by numerous people that using that mount makes no difference in how the motor sits or reacts. What he did was put the bracket from a 99 Si on the motor so he could use 99 Si mounts. They happen to be the same as D series mounts in EG's.

Is that going to make a difference? Because i've talked to a few people that say it's no problem.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JapTendencies)

The driver side mount what car is the mount from eg or ek? If the bracket is the same as eg bracket than that should work. but you would need a eg mount not the integra mount. All the swap I did the engine go in with no problem. The rear bracket and both side mounts lined up prefect.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxrpm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxrpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The driver side mount what car is the mount from eg or ek? If the bracket is the same as eg bracket than that should work. but you would need a eg mount not the integra mount. All the swap I did the engine go in with no problem. The rear bracket and both side mounts lined up prefect.</TD></TR></TABLE>

which mounts did you use? I'm in the process of swapping a gsr into and EG also.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Honda Sport)

well i found the problem. The mount is from a 99-00 SI which is about an inch shorter than an integra mount.

Anyone got an integra rear bracket they wanna part with?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mount problem (JapTendencies)

hey, by some odd chance are ITR mounts any different than any other b series mounts? The guy I bought the mounts from swears up and down that these are the same mounts that he used to put his B series motor in his EG. But, my buddies mount in his LS measures out at 8.5" from bolt hole to bolt hole on the top of the rear mount bracket, and my d series mount measures the same exact distance. Is there a different bracket that measures shorter?

And this is for the rear tranny bracket just for reference.