Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSVTEC with RC injectors..HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 LSVTEC with RC injectors..HELP!

PLEASE BEFORE ANYONE COMES BACK WITH COMMENTS SAYING I JUST NEED TO DO MY OWN RESEARCH I DEFINITELY HAVE TRIED TO SEARCH BUT MY SITUATION IS JUST SO DESCRIPTIVE I AM HOPING TO GET HELP WITH SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE HAD SAME EXPERIENCES.

So I have a 2000 civic SI with a fresh built lsvtec. Motor is as follows:
B18b1 Block with type R pistons
Fresh rebuilt B16 head with type r cams
Skunk2 intake mani with 4-2-1 headers dc sports full 2.5 in exhaust

The problem I have is I bought a set of RC injectors and got them installed as well as a chipped p28 with basemap chip for build..they were running fine at first then all of a sudden car started missing really bad (so after daignosing almost everything) I put factory injectors back in with factory ECU and car went back to running like it did before (which is not great because of factory injectors and ecu doesnt like displacement from 1.8 bottom end)

So when I figured this out I decided to take them to local shop to be pressure tested and cleaned because I bought them used so thought they may be clogged ....Got them back installed back into car and car was running good for about 200 miles then suddenly back to square one...started missing AGAIN!! So again I put factory injector back in and went back to normal once again.

After this I thought to myself that maybe the electrical to injector was bad so I cont'd to diagnose. I put them back on and unplugged each injector while car was running one by one and noticed one of them didn't make it bog down like other 3. I got my multimeter and checked resistance in this one injector and it read 14.0 which is what it should be.

SO HERE IS MY QUESTION COULD THIS ONE INJECTOR BE BAD EVEN THOUGH THE PRESSURE TEST AND MULTIMETER SAY OTHERWISE?? I AM BEGINNING TO GET REALLY IRRITATED WITH IT. DID I JUST MAYBE GET SOLD A BAD SET OF RCS? ANY HELP AND/OR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:20 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: LSVTEC with RC injectors..HELP!

Why are you running RC injectors? Which RC injectors? Why is this not tuned?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, nothing about your build requires injectors unless I missed something
Old 09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Factory injectors will be running 100% duty cycle at 7200rpms and im sorry I meant to say I have a chip burned and tuned for the build as well as for theRC injectors.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

100% duty? How do you figure that? I don't see anything that would push factory injectors that hard. And still doesn't say What injectors he is running. A basemap is not a tune.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

RCs... I never had this problem but I do believe there are better choices. I ran RC 440s for a couple years. Car ran OK but was very sloppy at lower rpm. There are definitely more advanced choices nowadays.

Im now in the middle of switching over to Denso (RDX) 410cc. Im hoping for much more crisp throttle response, low RPM operation, better fuel mileage, and tighter closed loop. We'll see how much difference it makes.