Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsvtec prob no vtec?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsvtec prob no vtec?????

ok guys heres the prob.... i have an lsvtec set up with a b16a head on a b18b bottom end. the oil sendind unit is tapped for oil pressure and its run into the correct location on the head. yet im still not getting vtec. the oil pressure guage is taken off a "t" that is placed mid way up the ss line from the oil sending unit to the head. at idle the gauge read 0 and at 7200rpms the the guage reads 25 psi. this of couse was the initial reason that i thought that i didnt have vtec, lack of oil pressure right. so i had another question would the location of the oil pressure guage sensor on the line affect the amount of of pressure in the line or does it not matter. im affriad that because of its location in the line its not reading right. if you are wondering wether im getting a vtec signal i am. i can change the rpm it come on at with the vafc i have but it doesnt matter im still not getting vtec. im using a obd0 ecu pw0. the only idea i have about it is that i need a new oil pump. any suggestions or ideas as to what could be wrong?
Old 09-17-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: lsvtec prob no vtec????? (electric_rex)

what kind of oil pump r u using yes no oil flow no vtec go sorry your oil pressure is dropping checked it out checked could lead 2 other thing rod bearings , main etc have u check all the studs u could be lowing pressure some where else.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: lsvtec prob no vtec????? (99lsvtecauto)

im running the stock oil pump which is probably my problem but im going to check and see if the oil pan is dented to see if thats the problem. hopefuuly it is but if it isnt then im going to upgrade the oil pump to itr and see what happens.