Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsv help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lsv help

Hey guys not real new into the car game but havent done something like this before.My buddy convinced me to do lsv to my integra and need alittle help with what else i need to get and do.

Right now i have an 00 integra ls
b18 motor in it
Already have:
b16 vtec head
virgin gsr ecu

i know i need to get the bwr conversion kit but what else do i honestly need to make this work and work the right way.I dont wanna cheat any corners and want it done right. im also gonna build the head all the way before i do the head swap and getting hondata s300. so any information or help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lsv help

OK before everyone else on H-T jumps down your throat and tells you to use the SEARCH button, I do have to stress to read,read,read cause thats the only way you're going to learn for yourself how to assemble a specific build for what you want.. You have to first set some goals of what type of build or motor you want out of it and what budget you are willing to put up with, then you can go from there.. I'm assuming you want a fun daily driver.. I myself wanted a LSV too.. and if you want it done right without cutting corners it can get pricey, especially if you start going with aftermarket/performance parts... I would suggest to either keep it close to OEM/stock as possible with your usual (headers/intake/exhaust combo) to keep it cheap..otherwise once you start upgrading one part , you need to upgrade another..

Keep in mind besides the block/head you will also need to get a vtec oil pump,vtec water pump,new timing belt, consider to get some ARP bolts (LS ARP Rod bolts and some ARP head bolts as well for some peace of mind).. you can get away with using the LS Dizzy, but most will suggest to do it right you need a vtec dizzy as well..for tuning you will be best off with an obd2 to obd1 conversion.. and are you going to stick with the LS tranny? are you planning on taking the head to the machine shop at all?(mine ran me $1200!)..also remember that all those gaskets, seals, belts,hoses etc add up.. factor in those costs as well to your budget ..not to discourage you at all just learn everything that goes along with doing an LS V build the right way..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks and i did look but i cound not find any real help and was gettin sick of going through form after form trying to find how to do this. but thanks for the help
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be better off swapping in a gsr from hmo. Doing a nice reliable lsv that isnt just slapped together will be pricey. I've bought a couple swaps from hmo and just freshened them up a lil and have been uber reliable.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a literally a thread called "how to build a reliable lsvtec" that is a few years old. i suggest you find it.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed with everyone from above... especially the how to rebuild a reliable LSV thread, tells you step by step everything you need to know
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the hot lsv thread helped me alot. Im having problems now with my lsv and word of advice do everythinggggggg right the first time.
ARP everything, vtec oil/water pump, and make sure your piston rings are good. Oh yea tune. Goodluck