Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls-vtec, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls-vtec, is it worth it?

What's up? I've been doing research I'm hearing Ls-v is reliable, it has both torque and hp. However, I'm hearing "if it's all that good honda wouldn't do it in the first place," and "it's shitty! (whose had ls-v) " I've read about a 700 hp plus ls-v (civic w/a full-race turbo kit) and I'm planning on going all motor then a stage 3-4 full-race turbo kit. I'd perabaly get a b18c5, h22a, b18c1 but you see I got oly bout 80k on my ls n if only I had the $. Is it worth upgrading an ls-vtec? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ls-vtec, is it worth it? (keath)

If u spend alot of time and money to do ir right the first time then it should be a great build, but you gotta do it right. I had a friend who used cheap parts, and always has having oil leaks and crap loads of problems with his, but I've heard of plenty of other ppl having fine working ls/vtec motors, depends on how deep ur pocket is.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Ls-vtec, is it worth it? (keath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and I'm planning on going all motor then a stage 3-4 full-race turbo kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>
If you go all motor to start with, then you are going to end up with parts (and a compression ratio) that do not lend themselves well to turbo.

Moreover, a good all motor LS VTEC build is going to be highly stressed in the first place.

LS VTEC is kind of "old technology" and it is well proved and well documented, although a little more stressed than other solutions. There is even B20 VTEC that still places highly in H1 Honda Challenge, even when faced with a field of K motors and H motors.

Do your research and build carefully and with due regard to the experts who have done it before.

You'll end up with a good street motor with a lot of power, provided you build carefully and you're not trying to out-drag a K 20 ITR motor.