Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS VTEC Sputtering Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 LS VTEC Sputtering Issue

So I have a fully built LS VTEC in my EM1. Ever since I got the car back I've had some sputtering issues while driving (mainly driving on the highway) my car is running extremely rich and I have already changed out plugs and wires. VC gasket and spark plug tube seals. I did notice i was getting some oil in my spark plug wells so i had changed the seals and the sputtering actually stopped for a while. But now when Im driving atleast 60mph my car will start bogging a little bit and sputtering. Someone had told me maybe my fuel injectors were clogged, but I honestly have no idea. I was going to replace the dizzy now since thats really all i can think of left to do to maybe solve the issue. Feedback is much appreciated thanks!!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LS VTEC Sputtering Issue

I wouldn't just go changing the distributor without good reason.

It can be the cause but i would check it out first. I just had a similar issue and my igniter died two days after found tons of oil in the dizzy so i changed it.

I would check timing mechanical and ignition as well as the ignite in the dizzy.

Compression test is easy to do and cheap.

Did you have it tuned?

Any cel?

Why is it running rich?

I don't know much about lsvtecs but basic troubleshooting is a better start than guessing