Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS/VTEC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/VTEC

Alright, Ive finally decided its time to build a B-Series engine. I currently have a D16Z6
What I want to do is keep everything relatively "stock" . I looking over jhpusa.com and
im thinking Civic R pistons the standard size. Now what kinda rods would I use with this block? Could I use Integra Type R rods? Or will I have to stick with a standard LS rod? For the head. Im thinking about a B16 head with either CTR cams for ITR cams with Omni Power B-Series Dual Valve Springs, Portflow B-Series VTEC Bronze Valve Guides,
Portflow B-Series VTEC Titanium Retainers. Now can you recommend a set of decent valves that have a good price on them? So far thats what I have on my list for the eninge anything you see wrong? I am on a tight budget so im not looking to make ridiculous amounts of power. please let me know! Also What wiring harness would I use for this eninge?

Modified by fsck3r at 2:56 AM 6/8/2004
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look more into the bottom end.. that is the downfall of the LS/vtec setup..
Old 06-07-2004, 08:18 PM

Can you give me some suggestions? Like a block guard or getting it sleeved? Also from looking at what I already have planned do you see anything not necesarry? Im looking to make about 180 whp or so, Thanks!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fsck3r)

balance and blueprint it and use forged rod and piston ( most are ) you would probably want to stay with LS rods for i think type r's will throw off your rod to stroke ratio correct me if im wrong. as for your cams im not sure as to which will benefit you more, really depends on your goal. I am planning on using ferrea valves, they seem very good for the money. just make sure you get some one who knows what they are doing while machining it, bc oil leaks on ls/vtec are no fun.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (veganstraightedge)

shot peen the ls rods, get the bottom end balanced and ARP rod bolts. You will have to have the LS rods milled 1mm to accept the CTR's. should be good.

Search, there are a ton of posts on the ls/vtec how to and best build ups. I got about 99% of my info from doing multiple lsvtec,ls/vtec,frankenstein style searches.