Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jdm h22a probably help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm h22a probably help plz

Alright so the begginning problem was that i mehcanically overrevved my h22a which is in my 93 civic, we first thought it was prbably my rod bearings so i replaced all of them, and the rods appeared to be fine. i put it back together and i still had the same knocking noise. So then we figured it was a valve or two, i took the head off checked all of the valves on a balance machine and i had the head machined and everything is perfect in the head. So my last options unless i am missing something is to take my tranny off check the clutch which i might have messed up like one of the springs. Or it is piston rings or wrist pins. if anyone knows of anything else besides these things that can go wrong when you overrev let me know. or any suggestions of what to do next thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm h22a probably help plz (CivicSH)

check the clutch. I have broken the pressure plate after a 3rd-2nd misshift, engine probably hit 9-10k rpm. engine was fine. pressure plate was twisted causing the balance to be off.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: jdm h22a probably help plz (MrMike)

Thanx that helps a lot to hear that from someone else who has experienced it, i am taking the tranny off in a couple days hopefully its just the pressure plate, thanx alot i appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you hook up egr? if not, how did you bypass it. I know it sounds strange, but another person on the board had valve chatter cause by his egr system.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: jdm h22a probably help plz (IHateJDM)

i didn't hook it up because i was planning on chipping my old p28 so i figured id just have a light on for a little while. the egr isn't necessary. im pretty sure it is my pressure plate cause my clutch is really loose when you push it to the floor, but i will find out this weeekend, ill let everyone know thanx for the help everyone
Old 06-14-2005, 01:19 AM

this weekend i pulled my tranny, pushed my pistons out and pulled my crank off. i found out that all the the flywheel bolts were lose and that caused an imbalance making my rod bearings spin aswell as my main bearings. thanx for the idea about the tranny, and now i just gotta buy parts and get my beast back together but not before porting it of coure