Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story

Well I decided to by my B16a2 swap from JDM Customs out of Cali. They thing that got me was the 12 month warranty and that the swaps seemed pretty completed for the price with included shipping. Now when I ordered my swap I asked for shift linkage and axles to be added onto the normal swap that they were selling. Price came out to $2550 which I think would of been the same price if I ordered from Hmotorsonline like I planned to. Well it only took about a week for the motor to get here since they were shipping for their Canada warehouse in Montreal. Now heres where I gets shitty. When I went to go pick it up from Yellow frieghtm I swap didnt come with the shift linkage like I asked for, but that wasnt what really made me mad. Instead they just cut the old linkage so I didnt have anything to use, so I had to make a stop at the junkyard not real biggie but I had to modify the junkyard linkage to work since their's was kinda messed up too but hey I got it for free . Ok, now heres where I got really mad. When I looked at the shipping invoice, it said: "Osaka Japanese Auto Parts. C/O blah blah" That ticked me off cuz I never wanted to buy from them ever cuz of hte horror stories I heard. I really didnt want to make a big deal about it since my clutch on my z6 was dead and I had the money for a swap and needed a running car. When we went to swap a bolt in the tranny for the stablizer bar was broken off so that took 6 hrs to get out which was a pain in the ***. The motor was dirty as hell when it was supposed to be cleaned. And the strangest thing is, the motor came with Nismo spark plug wires . Go figure...Overall I wont buy from them again. Customer service is **** and they dont actually sell you anything, they are more of middle men. Learn from my mistake and buy from a reputable place. I just hope that I warranty is legit if something ever goes wrong. Luckily the motor runs pretty damn well for all the crap I went thru to get it and it took almost 3 weeks to get it too
Old 05-27-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (eXcelonTypeR)

Damn that sucks
Old 05-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

Osaka just wont give up. They need to go to hell.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: (daklown)

I agree, if I knew I was buying from Osaka I would gone Hmotors in a heart beat
Old 05-28-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: (eXcelonTypeR)

rofl, they musta changed their name after all the bad publicity they got..... well everyone heres their new name, warn you friends, women, and small children.....
Old 05-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

Thanks to H-T for having Osaka as a sponsor
Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 AM

yeah i got my motor from jdm customs 2 the guy was stupid they didnt send me a shift linkage the motor started right up but 1 of the injectors was closed timing was completely off and the motor was dirty but its better dirty cuz they would most likely spray water where water shouldnt be sprayed plus side they did send my lsd tranny which i did ask for i called them and they sent me the linkage(you should have called them) that took a week yeah next time i will go a safer route
Old 05-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: (hatchish)

i would of called but i need a running car ASAP which made me bite the bullet and go a locate a linkage
Old 09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (eXcelonTypeR)

1. You should check your package before you take it out of the shippers hands.......Before you accept your engine shipment, please make sure to do a thorough inspection of the engine from the outside to make sure that no engine parts are missing or broken. If an engine part is broken or seem to be missing, please mark down these parts on the freight receipt before signing it. You must then call JDM CUSTOMS to notify about these damages or missing parts in order to make a claim. We pay a lot for shipping and we would like our customers to be completely satisfied. --that was taken from jdmcustoms.com

2. I bet your engine runs good. and why dont you just call them to get a new shift linkage??????? or your too lazy for that?

3.you should call them and tell them this all happened. that you found nismo spark plugs. they probably would of gave you another motor free of charge.

4. your a dumbass for rushing a swap. take your time

5. thats good that you came and tell us about this place. but next time call them first before you start bitching here on HT.

6. have a good day. no offense on anything. this is just my simple opinion.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (everlasting1832)

if i order from jdm customs and its the clip with out motor that i want you think it be okay?
Old 09-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (Chriz)

you think it b okay*****
Old 09-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (Chriz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chriz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you think it b okay*****</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont understand what your trying to say. but i did order that front end clip from jdmcustoms. and their customer service seems pretty good so far. and also they are a part of the better business bureau. so if you any complaints BBB will take care of it.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Customs....if you thought about buying from them heres my story (everlasting1832)

what kind of clip did you get? did you like it?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i havent paid for my clip yet. but the clip includes the whole jdm front end. with the radiator support. dash board, steering wheel and cluster. and also the center console.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know but updateee if you get it n tell me how it is?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:46 PM
GDD Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Missing shift linkage and a broken bolt, sorry, but that's not a huge issue. Osaka has sent out dozens of motors that were totally fucked and weren't even usable.

HMO (Best rep on h-t) sent one of my customers an H22 with ONE axle and no mounts one time, I had another guy get a motor from HMO that had NO ECU... no worries though, small stuff like that isn't a huge deal. We used the stock accord axle/halfshaft on the first guy's car and ran a chipped P72 on the other guy's car, no big deal. For missing shift linkage and a broken bolt, I wouldn't really try to bring a company down for something as small as that. If the parts weren't so readily available, i'm sure a quick phone call could solve the problem instantly.....unless you were dealing with Mark at JDMClub.com.