Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM B18C > ECU / Harness Problems - Please help !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM B18C > ECU / Harness Problems - Please help !!

Heya folks,

I am slowly loosing the will to live with this one. I have a JDM B18C in my 1999 EM1. I used an OBD2B to OBDA conversion harness from boomslang and a suitable P73 ecu in order to sort out the computer side of life.

Problem is, somethings not right. I get a code 2 and the engine idles stupidly high all the time. It also drinks a daft amount of fuel, sub 25mpg on 98 octane.

When using my old P2T ecu the idle comes right down and the fuel economy goes up redicuously (nearly 300 miles per tank as opposed to 235). These numbers are from not hammering the car and round town traffic driving around 30-40 mph all the time.

I have been told that it is unlikely to be the ECU and that it is more likely the harness at fault. I was just wondering does anyone know what I should be looking for harness wise and has anybody had any of these sorts of problems before.

At present I am running out ideas so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks folks,

- Probby

Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM B18C > ECU / Harness Problems - Please help !! (Problemo)

Do you get the code on the old ecu? Here's what I would guess from what you wrote. Either 1) some pins get switched between the two ecu's which is causing the old one to run properly (because the pins match what it expects) and the other has pins in different places or 2) the second ECU is messed up... Check some pin out diagrams on those two ECU's, a good one to look for is whatever is related to that code you are getting...don't give up
Old 02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM B18C > ECU / Harness Problems - Please help !! (d16_DIM)

Nope, no codes at all on the old ecu. The code itself does not cause a CEL you just get the code if you bridge the service connector.

Like I say it's weird. It's gonna take a bit of time to match out the pins as for one the harness wires are all the same colour and 2 Its OBD2B to A so all the plugs are different . I dunno, nobody heard of this code 2 ?

Thanks man,

- Prob