Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ignition/fuel problem with ITR engine in a del sol

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition/fuel problem with ITR engine in a del sol

aight, i had the swap running all perfect for 5 days, then the ****** *** owner wanted a compression test, i had **** to do, but like a little bitch, he rushed me into doing it. i pulled all plug wires and all plugs. while i was testing each cylinder, i had the plug wires still connected into the distributor and so a few times they zapped some ****. one time was to the intake mani and the other like to the strut tower bar. there may have been one other time it arced on somthing. my dumbass becuase i was rushing, didnt put plugs in the ends of the wires to prevent arcing. NOW the problem is.... pulls fine to 5500, when VTEC hits, it hits, then the power drops off significantly and then at like 7500 it kinda kicks in, but not like it used to. the plugs are brown now, they used to be perfect. its running on a rechipped p28. no VAFC or other ignition. just intake, header, and exhuast. i swapped plug wires, problem didnt go away. i swapped ECU's, problem didnt go away. Fuel pressure is at a constant 45PSI. All injectors are working perfectly, all cylinders are firing. Me and my freind Dr. Mike think the coil got fawked up somehow and is not producing enough spark/energy to burn the additional fuel when VTEC hits, causing the browning on the plugs and the poor acceleration after VTEC hits in. My customer who owns the del sol just ordered a external coil, cap for external coil and a MSD 6aL. so if it is the coil, that will fix the problem. ANYONE have any other suggestions/help??? thanks to anyone that helps me out!
-james