Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ideas on ls/vtec

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas on ls/vtec

ok guys i know everyone hates the questions like this.

anyway i have a 93 cx hatch. originally i had a b16a n/a engine that had about every bolt on on it.

i got some water in my cold air intake and shot a piston out the side of the block. the head was ok and so was my gsr tranny. after that i bought a built and turboed b18c1 and dropped that in. it lasted 2 days before that was stolen.

now i have the shell of my car and my original parts i had in it with the b16a. I was looking at doing ls/vtec but didnt know a ton about that. I have been looking alot and was just wondering if you guys had some good knowledge to my questions. so much easier to talk to people who know.

I do know a fair amount about hondas but im not a genius basically i was told all the sensors, oil pan, pump, etc from my od1 b16a would work on a b18b block. I know i would have to tap an oil vtec line for it but otherwise i was told it was pretty straightforward and i could use almost all my parts off my old swap, unless they were broken.

is it worth it or would i be better off just trying to find a b16a block and put that in?
overall i dont want to spend over 1500 on it if i can. Ive lost SOO much already but my only option is to fix it and get it running to try and salvage SOME money out of it.

thanks shaun.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ideas on ls/vtec (need4speed93)

You could build an LSVTEC using a really healthy stock B18A/B bottom end. As long as you don't constantly beat the **** out of it, they can be reliable and last in stock block form. You can reuse your tranny, the B16 head, ECU, and accessories no problem. If you have $1500 to work with, I would look for a newer low mileage B18B and get the Golden Eagle LSVTEC kit. If you are willing to spend it all but shop wisely, I'm sure you could get some stronger rods and pistons on that budget.