Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADVice for swap preparation

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVice for swap preparation

Those of you have done either a b18c-r, h22, or k20 .....what were ur first inital steps before the swap....i am planning on making a k20a2 swap in the future (approx 2-3 yrs from now) ....i am planing on buying my first car soon (ek civic hatch) ......so i am still a beginner driving my parents 03 accord ex and not pushing it yet(dont want to touch new car).....rite now im managing my capital for my car and wondering if i should save first for the swap (almost reaching the amount) or should i spend the money preparing for the swap and get tortured by the "limited" potential of the STOCK sohc (i know some of u have some crazy turbo d15 and such)....by preparation this is what i have planned for the car in order

1) Tints
2) TEiN Flex coils Or Omni Power...prolly the Teins edfc
3) Bel Vector radar
4) Since im poor Rota Grid with undecided tire brand
5) Gsr brake set up
6) CTR lip kit and wing
7) S2k seats with takata harness
8) 5 - lug conversion for some buffy oem axles to prep car for swap
9) k20a2 swap with 6 speed!!!!

i do realize some of these things are going to be waste of money (appearance), but i figured that things like that will keep me happy about my car opposed to the sohc. Also want to know how much potential the sohc has stock?....will it teach me to be a better driver and really push the potential of a car??....the search to find that potential is really lost within young drivers because everyone wants to have the fastest car....b4 i get carried away.....just needed advice with ppl who have done a swap....if preparation of the car is as important? or should i put the k20a2, be the fastest car in my school, than later on slowly add the suspension mods and such....what did u guys do?...thnx

Btw wanted to add that great site......my day is not completed without viewing this forum.

Modified by JDMzEaL18 at 2:45 PM 12/15/2004
Old 12-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ADVice for swap preparation (JDMzEaL18)

If you want to become a better driver and learn your car, then take a HPDE school. And start autocrossing. First thing I would do to it though, is work on the suspension. This mod will improve handling and allow you to carry more speed through the corners. Things will only improve once you have some power under the hood.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMzEaL18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those of you have done either a b18c-r, h22, or k20 .....what were ur first inital steps before the swap
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hehehe, sorry.

I did my suspension around the same time I did my motor swap.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do your homemork here on H-T and elsewhere on the net. So many people jump into things without having enough knowledge and they end up wasting time, money and parts. Do it right the first time, then enjoy! Unless you are like me and get bored with things really quick... Some say it's a waste, I just call it evolution