Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for 2.5 inch exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for 2.5 inch exhaust??

Hey guys I have an idea that I want to bounce off you and see what you think about it???....I have a JDM B16A going into my 92 Civic Hatch…in the future I would like to upgrade to a CRVtec setup with motor…so to prepare for future growth right now while I building the first stage of the car I opted for a JDM Integra 4to1 header with the 2.5 flange and a 2.5 in/out carsound cat..now I have been looking for a true 2.5 inch exhaust to complete my setup…but I have only found one system up to now that’s almost a full 2.5…the type one exhaust from Japan...unfortunately its on order and may not be here anytime soon…so I was thinking about doing something I really haven’t seen before…what about doing a short exhaust that exits to a turn down just before the gas tank….I have seen the magnaflow canister mufflers that will fit in that area behind the cat??...why haven’t I seen that done before??...whats the cons to it?

Here is what I am thinking…tell me If I am crazyJ

Header--cat--(1 foot 2.5 piping)--magnaflow canister muffler--(1 foot 2.5 piping)--turn down

Thanks