Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC on SKUNK2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC on SKUNK2?

I barely bought the Skunk2 Manfiold for h22a. I am trying to install it on my swapped EG hatchaback.,.here's the problem..The Idle Control Valve..Skunk2 relocated it to the back of the manifold..therefore making it even tighter of a fit than it already is, Is there any way that I can simply not use my IAC valve and Not Connect it? Can I simply plug the hole there and go on about my business? or is this IAC valve and sensor extremely important and must be connected? if so,,then I will have to beat the **** outta my firewall for it to fit...Any pictures please!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IAC on SKUNK2? (Us vs. Them)

yes you need it. Some people have relocated it to somewhere on the firewall.

I used a B series iac which is a little smaller
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 AM

Default Re: IAC on SKUNK2? (2fastGSR)

I did my homework on the IAC valve and what it actually operates & does. What the IAC valve is control the idle once the a/c is on. Since it puts a heavier load on the engine, the IAC basically counter acts this effect. If you do not have a/c on your swap. You can simply block off your IAC , hook up the sensor and zip tie it out of the way...So I guess all I have to do is connect the sensor and zip tie it to my firewall. I'm going to block off my IAC on my Skunk2 manifold by simply taping it shut. To avoid a vacum leak. If anyone has done this before, let me know please. Share your knowledge with me..and let me know if this is correct or true.

Modified by Us vs. Them at 1:32 PM 2/29/2008
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IAC on SKUNK2? (Us vs. Them)

I dont have ac on my swap but my tuner suggested leaving it on there to make it idle easier. To each his own though. Im up for seeing if your idea works as well!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

magnus motorsports makes a really cool IAC mount, it's actually 3-in, it can be used as an IAC mount to be used remotely from the intake or it can bolt on in the factory spot and make the IAC work when you use a bog throttle body where the IAC port is blocked off. enabling the IAC to still work and function,

i have a JG intake with an edelbrock 75mm throttle body and their adapter plate, the plate blocks the IAC port, I used magnus' adapter and got my IAC to work fine
Old 03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why aren't you using the IACV relocation kit that s included with the skunk2 manifold?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt even know that the skunk came with a relocation kit.....
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (B16A1-EF9)

Yes, when you buy a skunk2 manifold it's suppose to come with a kit to relocate it... The IACV is nessesary for the car to idle as honda intended it but it's not a must. I too have a jg 75mm TB and plate and just went the easiest route wich was to just eliminate the sensor all together and turn off the error code in the ecu, it runs perfectly fine with out it, I adjust my idle from the idle screw on the throttle stop, cold idle is at 600-700 and warm idle is at 750
Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you need a proper adapter for it that will allow you to bolt in the IACV in the stock spot and actually function properly even with the throttle body call magnus motorsports, they made an adapter for that

Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
RTFM

Default Re: (B16A1-EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A1-EF9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i didnt even know that the skunk came with a relocation kit.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

for teh h22 it does as there may be clearance issues on preludes and accords.

In my hatch i used the relocation kit, though I DID dent the firewall enough to install it as well. the relocation kit works great, and is much easier to install than it is to dent the firewall and then install the iacv in teh stock location. its also a lot cheaper than buying some custom piece that is completely not needed.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

Yeah the Skunk2 comes with a IAC Relocation Kit..the problem is however that the location of this is trouble..I have a **** load of brake lines on my firewall, therefore making this very hard to install..I know I have to relocate my brake lines in order to have a excellent fit..that would push me back even farther from what I'm originally trying to do..
Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 AM

Default Re: (Us vs. Them)

(Installation Unsuccesfull)...well I tried and tried..made it fit good and everything,. however the back motor mout would not align properly with the mount plate due to brake lines on the firewall holding the motor a bit forward..I would have to relocate my brake lines and do everything all over again..forget it..I decided to install my stock manifold..heres the problem
when I installed the stock IM. My car had this gay idle (bwaa bwaa bwaa bwaa) you get the picture..So I checked for vacum leaks,.nowhere...then I found 2 holes in my throttle body..inside my thorttle body wich was sucking air like crazy..I put my finger over it and the idle slowly calmed down and went to normal again...I have no clue what used to bet there..if anything at all. But here is the more serious problem..sure it fixed my idle..but my vtec boggs in and out now..my vtec will hesitate to engage and will redline @ 7! My h22 has a fully built skunk2, & my redline was @8.5 before this...I have tried everything...My vtec still boggs in and out..I took of the tape in my throttle body which cured my idle..and my car went back to (bwaa bwaa bwaa bwaa) & vtec still didn't kick in...can anyone please assist me to what Is going on??? what can cause vtec to act like this?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 AM

Default Re: (Us vs. Them)

i should have never bought this damn manfold .it cursed me..now my car is all screwed up...I wish the idiots at skunk2 made this IM with hybrid designs...every smart manufacturer makes equipment with options of modification for all markets available.hybrid or oem .honda motor company even left a small place to chip a obdi ecu years in advance for our generation to modify for christ sake! skunk2 IM+EG6 Swap =
Old 03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
RTFM

it fits in mine, but then again i did not have any issue with denting the firewall a little as well as bending brake lines out of the way.