Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (Steve said he will give full refund.)

I ordered a Y2K USDM H22A from HMO. I was taking it apart to clean it out, but i saw a 9/3 stamped by the headers. Then i checked the plastic cam gear cover, and i see a arrow pointing to 93. So i guess i got a 93 motor!!! WTF! He charged me 500 dollars extra because it was suppose to be a Y2K motor with only 17000 miles! Can anyone tell me what i can do and should do? Thanks

[Modified by youngkow, 2:49 PM 11/11/2002]
Old 11-08-2002, 09:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (youngkow)

What's the Block code?

If it's USDM

H22A1 = 93-96
H22A4 = 97-01
Old 11-08-2002, 09:34 PM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (satan_srv)

It just says H22A. So what does that mean? I should have known with all the bad posts about them showing up lately. Please give me some advice. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think if its just h22a. wouldn't that mean that is jdm?
Because didn't the jdm prelude motors have the engine code with no numbers after the A??

correct me if im wrong.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (chyknees)

you are correct
thats a JDM motor
call steve, he will correct the problem.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (KAMiN)

you are correct
thats a JDM motor

always correcting problems

do it right the first time
Old 11-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (KTeller8)

you are correct
thats a JDM motor

always correcting problems

do it right the first time
lets see you ship that many swaps to that many people and not make a mistake every now and then
he is HUMAN
NOBODY IS PERFECT
Old 11-08-2002, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (poison)

well said.
Thank you.
no point in bashing somebody that probably made an honest mistake.
jebus he ships HUNDREDS of swaps a month. cut the guy some slack..
Old 11-09-2002, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you want an H22A4? A JDM 4th gen is OBDI and has a better tranny. Get him to give you $500 and keep the JDM....my .02
Old 11-09-2002, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (satan_srv)

Oh well they fucked up two of my friends swaps too, some peoples get good motors from them that don't have cracked blocks and thrust washers just fallin out..... I still say **** em..

[Modified by JDMspecEG6, 10:42 AM 11/9/2002]
Old 11-09-2002, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lets see you ship that many swaps to that many people and not make a mistake every now and then
he is HUMAN
NOBODY IS PERFECT
maybe you can tell him to call me back..instead of saying "ill call you back tonight" on wed morning and its now sat and theres no call..And i left a msg on firday cuz i was going outa town.. "steve please call and leave a msg when my new motor will be shipped out" how hard is it to call and leave a msg??I know he was quick to call me and express his feelings about the opinions my friends posted on how he runs his business and the h22 he sent me... also i owe my parents 40+$ just for long distance charges from calling cali.............

im not trying to bash him because he is a nice guy..but this isnt about being nice, its business..i have nothing to show for 3000$ and im losing my patients. I paid for the swap when it was very hot out..I now wear a jacket outside every day.......

[Modified by ItsAllAboutTheZC, 11:55 PM 11/9/2002]
Old 11-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (ItsAllAboutTheZC)

well with all that calling and all the ppl with cracked blocks or broken part that they wont fix. go tell all of them not to worry bout their lost money .. cause he is human and not perfect. if your going to deal with high dollars items you HAVE to be perfect or at least damm near try.. my .02 cents
Old 11-09-2002, 07:00 PM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (KTeller8)

i dont go for the "He's super busy, give him a break" excuse! If he cant keep up with orders, get more help. Its that simple.

Mike D
Old 11-10-2002, 11:40 AM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (Mike D)

i got a 94 model jdm h22 from hmo and i was very impressed. the motor was super clean in and out. has maybe like 30k on it. t-belt was perfect, head was super clean etc etc. i talked to him for like an hour on the phone. made sure that he knew exactly what i wanted and needed. he was very helpful. but i mean cmon guys. u are buying a used motor and who knows what that motor has been through. no one does. thats the chance you take when you buy a used engine that some how made its was here from japan. to HMO. Steve rocks.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (jDmDxTuRd)

You guys that got good motors right the first time. Be grateful you didn't have to go through the hassle of calling and sending back and waiting. You go and say "oh well, everybody makes mistakes..." That is not an excuse and I guarantee that you would be 110% pissed off if you paid $500 extra for something that you did not even get.

Good luck with your problems.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (madtownhonda)

wheres my new motor

[Modified by ItsAllAboutTheZC, 9:34 PM 11/10/2002]
Old 11-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (ItsAllAboutTheZC)

Yea that's what are problem was too, they tried to tell us a month after we ordered a motor that they only have a limit of $100,000 that can go through VISA a month. It was only after we finally got through to them that they told us this. They never tried to call... jDmDxTuRd, that's good that you got a good motor and all but did you pull the whole timing belt cover off.. My friends GSR was pretty clean that he got from them except for they decided to switch distributors with one that had a cracked cap and rotor and the VTEC solenoid with a 1st Gen B16's.... I really dunno why they did that... The reason I ask about the T-belt cover is this.. Whenever I do a swap for my friends i make them change the t-belt and water pump no matter how new the motor is. When I pulled off this T-belt cover is when i found all the metal filings. Looking closer to the driver side upper motor mount i saw that one of the bolts was bent. I pulled out the three bolts to look in and see no threads. The block was also cracked there and the bolts that were shot back in had been notched to cut into the block just as a tap would.. Now i would have put this ******* motor in if I hadn't of wanted to change those two things.. I guess they just expected someone to put this motor in that wasn't going to check it out.. It would have really sucked if I would have just put it in because over time those belts would probably come loose and the whole motor would be held up on the driver side by the lower and rear mount... Oh well, if I ever see Steve I'll tell him to **** off.... Hondamotorsonline sucks ***

[Modified by JDMspecEG6, 1:53 PM 11/10/2002]
Old 11-11-2002, 11:57 AM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (JDMspecEG6)

He said that he will give me a full refund, so i guess i ain't mad. But when i asked him what happened to the Y2k usdm motor, he told me that it was messed up so he sent it back. What i don't understand is that was over a month and a half ago. He couldn't even call me to tell me he did that.

[Modified by youngkow, 2:36 PM 11/12/2002]
Old 11-11-2002, 01:07 PM

yea i changed the t-belt and water pump.. they had no wear on them and everything was nice. ive out about 6k on the motor and tranny and it runs great. Tranny is great also. No grinds. About that motor you got im sure they had no idea the motor was like that when they shipped it. They do get alot of stuff from other distributors so they can fit thier customers needs. So i guess some one also ripped Steve off when they sold him that busted *** motor you got. Sucks you ended up with some junk though.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (jDmDxTuRd)

Yea, it's cool tho we just don't buy **** from them anymore if there is a chance that you can get bad ****.... importautosalvage.com looks good and I've heard good things about them... They do cost a little more tho so we'll see if it is worth it.. I don't know about Osaka for sure they just seem really cheap..
Old 11-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Please don't hurt me!

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (JDMspecEG6)

most problems with a company are sloved by a phone call b/c they dont want this happening companies are run by humans mistakes occur
Old 11-11-2002, 03:15 PM
New User

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (couter)

to HMO from me
been there done that
Old 11-11-2002, 06:28 PM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (couter)

most problems with a company are sloved by a phone call b/c they dont want this happening companies are run by humans mistakes occur

seems like at least 25% they make mistakes. how hard it is to look at a block code and see if it's jdm or usdm? seriously, a 2000 motor and a 93 motor look a hell of a lot different in terms of cleanliness, etc., not to mention the difference between usdm/jdm (OBVIOUS). if my employee couldn't tellt he difference he/she would no longer be employed.

too many mistakes it seems. good thing HMO isn't a publicy traded company.

[Modified by ahcjar103, 3:29 AM 11/12/2002]
Old 11-11-2002, 09:06 PM

Default Re: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!! (ahcjar103)

steve is a great guy and between me and 2 other friends we have spent close to 10,000 with him and refered him at least 20,000. never had a complaint from any of us. always had super fast shippment with super clean motors with great prices.
to HMO and Steve. Hes a badass and I'll always defend someone who has taken care of me!!, not saying he wasnt wrong in your case man, i dont know why he wouldnt call you, but im glad he did refund you your money and made you happy!!!

chris

Quick Reply: I was ripped off by HMO!!!!!!!!