Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a little help with a swap!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a little help with a swap!

I looked in Forced Induction and I made a search, maybe I typed in the wrong "key terms" but I didn't really find anything to help me answer my question.

I'm looking to buy a b18 Turbo that is comming out of a 91 CRX. I have a 1996 Civic Hatch. I basically have two questions. Would this motor run in my car, meaning that my car is OBD2 and the Motor is OBD1(I think it could be OBD0) I know I'll have to change the Tranny because of the cable vs Hydo cluch. What about the intercooler piping? I looked at the two engine bays and there isn't too much of a differnece, what else should I look for when gaugeing if the existing piping will fit or not?

The motor is built fully on the underside meaning that it has forged pistons and bigger rods. nothing has been done to the crank though. the head hasn't been touched either. the motor is capable of holding about 10-15 pounds of boost althougt the previous owner hasn't run the car at the track its pretty fast...on the high way.

anyway what I really need to know is wil this swap be worth my while? with the computer change over and tranny swap.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need a little help with a swap! (Hatchbslo)

Yes it'll run in your car, provided you will have to switch the distributor, (possibly) the intake manifold, fuel injectors and wiring harness (which you can just adapt your 96 hatch engine harness).

You are correct on the Transmissing needing to be switched to a hydro clutch type tranny.

As for the intercooler piping, you will need piping for a 96-98 Civic. You MIGHT be able to fit the intercooler piping from the CRX, however.

if this motor is what you say it is, for a fair amount, I would say go for it. For the ECU, I would recommend running a P75.

HTH.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need a little help with a swap! (poison)

Thanks Poison.

could I just switch all the parts you talked about from my motor? or just the wiring harness. The motor already has an AEM furl rail and ported TB/plenum
I guess I'd have to switch them because of the fuel injection changes in the two years?