Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need japanese hands (knock sensor question)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need japanese hands (knock sensor question)

So i've been getting knock sensor CEL's sense my swap, I just bought a chipped ecu a few months ago as a temp. fix, but now i want to fix the wiring, because everything else on my swap is PERFECT and this is bugging me. I have a B18C, I can screw the knock sensor in, but I can't get it tight, there is now way a wrench is getting in there! Any tricks from the pro's?? Also i'm not even sure thats my problem entirely, how do you tap the ECU end to add the wire?? I was just jamming the wire down the hole but i think this might be part of my problem too... any tips for me on wiring this damn knock sensor and getting it to work?? i feel like i've tried everything, I used audio shielded wire from radio shack but i didn't ground the outter wire or anything.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i need japanese hands (toolowsol)

take off the heater bypass hose and then you can get a deep socket in there heres how it looks with the hose gone and heres the socket you should get . as far as your ecu problem are you using a conversion harness or anything? if you are there shouldbe a wire that already attaches to where the KS should be. Just strip the wire and solder it in.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need japanese hands (monicle)

The sensor uses a DEEP 27mm socket. I got it at Sears.

I just had to tighten mine while in the car after a rebuild. It was loose and causing the ecu to pull timing.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need japanese hands (Trey)

no i'm not using any adapert harness, all my stuff is just plugged in, so there is no wire in that spot to tap into, i need to add one somehow, and radio shack doesn't have anything.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need japanese hands (toolowsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toolowsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no i'm not using any adapert harness, all my stuff is just plugged in, so there is no wire in that spot to tap into, i need to add one somehow, and radio shack doesn't have anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Translation: you have an empty pin at the ecu?

If so, get a plug from the junkyard and take a pin out of it.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:30 PM

Default Re: i need japanese hands (Trey)

also, don't just try to shove the wire into the hole. you have to open the plastic piece that all the wires go in to. it goes in the D3, which it sounds like you've figured that out, but you have to pull the sides out and pull the front part of the plastic clip down. use a thin pick or circuit tester to push the new pin in. i've heard that many honda dealers are pretty cool and will just give you an extra pin if you ask nicely.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need japanese hands (S8P-tuner)

I'll hook up another sol owner, send me your address and I'll send you a few pins. I'll actually send you pins with wires on them that I have left over from making adapter harnesses. Send your address to customfabrik8@yahoo.com, I don't need payment or anything..
Old 08-04-2003, 06:01 AM

Default Re: i need japanese hands (Fabrik8)

way to be one of the more positive people here on h-t.
have a .