Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX

Okay, here's the story. I'm leaving out a few details because I don't feel like writing a novel.

I was going to do business with guy from this local car related messageboard. He has a '92 CX hatch for sale. It doesn't run. I went to go check it out on Monday morning. The body is pretty damn rough. LOTS of dents, rust, etc. Anyway, I figure out everything wrong with it and decide I'd like to make an offer on it.

We talk via AIM that night (Monday) and try to reach an agreement. I make him an offer and he agrees to it. It's a done deal...right?! He gives me his word and we have a deal. I get paid this Friday and I was going to buy it and pick it up on Sunday.

We talk again last night (Tuesday) and all of a sudden he tells me all this **** about how he cannot include the CD headunit. I'm like WTF?! We had a deal man. I couldn't believe it. He's 18 and telling me all this **** about how his Mom wouldn't let him, etc. What a bucnh of crap. I bought my first car at a dealership when I was 16....by myself without any help. So anyways, he tells me he wants another $160 for the CD headunit. I'm like **** NO! I make him a final offer (which I should've never done at this point) and he tells me he will get back to me tonight (Wednesday).

Well tonight rolls by and he never calls. I get on AIM and he isn't there. He finally e-mails me back tonight...

hey,
Thanks for your offer on my 92 civic. But I had another offer for $XXXX without the stereo, or the system. You told me that you would not pay anymore, so sorry for the inconvenience, but I had to take his offer my mom said. sorry again.
thanks,
Steve

I guess Mommy knows best. She must know a lot about Civics. Maybe she should build a hybrid sometime.

Sorry, but that is fucked up. You don't do that to people. If you make a deal with someone you hold to it. ****...don't make the deal if you decide it's not going to work for you. What a bunch of ****.

-Todd
Old 08-21-2002, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX (Yellow Dragon)

Old 08-22-2002, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX (Yellow Dragon)

Sounds like a verbal agreement. Honestly, if you didn't leave a deposit on the car, then there isnt really anything you should be mad about. Both you AND the seller are looking for a good deal. He got a better offer then you had offered so hes going to sell it to the other guy. Maybe if you had left a small deposit ensuring the deal/price agreed, then maybe it couldve worked out for you. However even if you did that and he sold it to someone else, then I'd be pissed.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX (sparkz)

Well look at it this way....someone got one beat up a$$ hatch.

There are plenty of hatches out there. Save up some more and get one in better condition...probably even have a swap already in.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got screwed over by this punk selling a beat down 92 CX (Prelude_RCR)

I held my CRX for 3 weeks for a guy after he said he wanted it....guys that don't keep their word in stuff like this suck.