Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hydro to cable tranny conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Bigjon

Default hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit?????

59 threads came up when i searched, but none of them answered my question. WITHOUT buying that 225 dollar kit from Hasport how do i convert my 93 si fitted with a hyrdo tranny to cable? Does anyone have any ways to do this cheaper than buying the hasport kit? What parts would i need to get out of a cable tranny car? TIA

Modified by Bigjon at 11:20 PM 7/15/2003

Modified by Bigjon at 3:25 PM 7/16/2003
Old 07-15-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (Bigjon)

HASport kit is the best option. Otherwise you will need to install the hydraulic lines, master cylinder and the works.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Bigjon

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (poison)

wtf are you talkling about? hyrdo car converting to CABLE tranny good job answering without even completely reading the question.

Modified by Bigjon at 11:23 PM 7/15/2003
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck I just went on ahead and paid 200 for the kit instead of all those headaches. It was easy to do
Old 07-15-2003, 07:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bigjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf are you talkling about? hyrdo car converting to CABLE tranny good job answering without even completely reading the question.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!

You had to modify your first post, then modify your second one to flame me huh? Maybe if you speak more clearly it'll make more sense.

I guess I'll just move to the next thread.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (poison)

You are flaming people that are trying to help. Good Job. I think that no one will help you now. Why not just buy the HASport kit?
Old 07-16-2003, 02:58 AM
Bigjon

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (turbogixxer)

When I modified the first post all i did was bold the word "to" Nothing else. Sorry for the flaming, it was the beer talking. But if anybody could tell me what is involved in this kit that I could rip out of a car in a junkyard it would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:56 AM
Bigjon

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not just buy the HASport kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

$$$
I am looking for the cheapest way to accomplish this.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bigjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$$$
I am looking for the cheapest way to accomplish this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Coming from someone that makes his own brackets, motor mounts, etc. If you dont have the right tools or knowledge, you are going to waste time and money. If you have the knowledge and tools, go for it. I would sell the trans and a get a hydro one and that will prolly be the cheapest and best way out of it.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Bigjon

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Coming from someone that makes his own brackets, motor mounts, etc. If you dont have the right tools or knowledge, you are going to waste time and money. If you have the knowledge and tools, go for it. I would sell the trans and a get a hydro one and that will prolly be the cheapest and best way out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am trying to get the knowledge right now to determine if I will be able to do this. For all the people that just bought the kit, what does it consist of? Just some brakets and a cable?

And I really dont want to wait around trying to sell this tranny and buy another.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:12 AM
slowaccord

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you dont have the right tools or knowledge</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please don't fill us in on this knowledge. I'd like to keep this ****-blocking session going as long as possible.

On a more serious note, Does anyone actually have information on this?

Old 07-16-2003, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (slowaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Please don't fill us in on this knowledge. I'd like to keep this ****-blocking session going as long as possible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was prefering to the knowledge of working with the right tools and the knowledge of how to make a bracket of that kind(I mean the skill to pull it off). I have not made this bracket so I do not know or have directions on how to make it. If I did I would have told him. I simply told him that it maybe more money and time to make the bracket than just buying it. Thank you going added nothing to this thread and bump for people that have made this bracket!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:23 AM
slowaccord

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was prefering to the knowledge</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just how in the hell do you prefer to knowledge? I think you meant REFERING.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">working with the right tools and the knowledge of how to make a bracket of that kind</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey thanks for that tid bit of information. You added quite a bit to this thread!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you going added nothing to this thread</TD></TR></TABLE>

HELLO ... Hi, Welcome. We speak English here.

Last but not least, Does anyone have any information on this?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion (slowaccord)

You do not get it. I guess that you have never done anything like that. Like I said before bump to someone that has done that before.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit????? (Bigjon)

I've seen a guy's car where he ran the cable to a 1993 Integra pedal assembly from the cable arm on the tranny.

Was it ghetto?

Yep.

Good luck to you, but honestly why do something half-assed?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Bigjon

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit????? (B18C5-EH2)

can anyone atleast tell me what cars came with cable trannys? How ghetto would it be to take the entire clutch assembly from it and put it into a hyro car?

slowaccord ownz

Modified by Bigjon at 4:00 PM 7/16/2003
Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bigjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can anyone atleast tell me what cars came with cable trannys?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just about anything before 1992. 92-93 integra came with cable trans.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bigjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can anyone atleast tell me what cars came with cable trannys? How ghetto would it be to take the entire clutch assembly from it and put it into a hyro car?

slowaccord ownz
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I still find this thread hilarious. Beer talk.....lol.

To answer your question since I feel nice today:

88-91 Civic/CRX came with the cable tranny clutch type, as well as 90-91 Integras.

You may pay a visit to the junk yard, grab the whole cable, clutch pedal, cable tranny bracket and route it thru there.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Former Moderator

You could probably make it work if you can grab the entire clutch cable and pedal assembly from a 1990-1993 Integra.

One of the ghetto aspects would be on the firewall where the clutch resevior should be there will now be hole. Also there will be a bracket that you'll have to fabricate a bracket on the firewall to hold the cable in place.

Again why not just do it right and buy a hydro tranny?

I'm not a fan of miled-up, unrebuildable cable trannies.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:35 PM

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit????? (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Again why not just do it right and buy a hydro tranny?

I'm not a fan of miled-up, unrebuildable cable trannies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am wondering the same. What goes to show your work is as reliable as factory.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my clutch failing on me.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:20 PM

I was able to purchase the kit for 200 got a good deal but anyway you said you wanted to try to swap everything from an integra to your hydro car to see if it would fit. I got a 91 jdm front clip with all of that but not sure if it would fit since its a right hand drive the cable might be to short but if you would like to try it i can sale you this stuff cheap i was going to junk it after i removed the engine and tranny for my swap
Old 07-17-2003, 12:05 AM

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit????? (bullock)

i don't understand "Bigjons" ?? Why??

but, to the other people....The Hasport kit is out already? i thought it wasn't going to out till August...if so, thats great news...no more searching for old janky cable t's.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:49 AM
Bigjon

Default Re: hydro to cable tranny conversion without hasport kit????? (MIRRAdekhtc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MIRRAdekhtc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i don't understand "Bigjons" ?? Why??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BIGJON &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
$$$
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why spend 200 dollars on something that could possibly be made by yourself for the cost of some scrap metal and cable?
Old 07-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Former Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bigjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why spend 200 dollars on something that could possibly be made by yourself for the cost of some scrap metal and cable?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because with ghetto enginieering like what you're trying, there are no abolutes.

Why do people use HASport mount kits for B16A swaps into 88-91 Civics/CR-Xs?

Why do people use mount kits to put H22As into various Civics and Integras?

Because the companies making them do R&D so you don't have to.

Unless you are an engineer I don't think you should be ******* around with stuff like that unless you don't mind having a half-assed ride that could possibly be a danger to yourself and others.

You are trying to rationalize why you're being a CHEAP ***!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Former Moderator

By the way, I hope you like your new title!

Quick Reply: hydro to cable tranny conversion