Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to go about building a Hybrid!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 07:53 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to go about building a Hybrid!?

I am planning on building a hybrid out of my 93 Civic Si hatch within a year or so, and I was wondering what are some good places to research information on doing engine swaps. I want to gather as much information as possible before doing the swap this way I don't say "I should have done this" after I get my swap. Right now I am leaning toward a B18C1 so any information on those swaps for EG civic's would greatly help. Thanks...
Old 05-14-2001, 09:06 AM
New User

Default Re: How to go about building a Hybrid!? (Dynamix)

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/

The mainline source for all things hybrid. Everything you should know and all the people you should talk to. I found that site two years ago and did about a year of studying before I finally undertook my swap last summer. Everything went in like a charm. I impressed the hell out of myself (not to mention all the people who know me). If i can do it by myself with no real prior experience than anybody can do it.

Mike
Old 05-14-2001, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to go about building a Hybrid!? (92sleepR)

I know, I'm still amazed my car actually runs (I did my own swap) . But really, all you need is a hoist, an engine stand, the miscellaneous parts, the axles, and the know-how to do the wiring... as in, diagrams, etc. None of which I have, sorry Dynamix, but at least you know it's not HORRIBLY complex!
Old 05-14-2001, 05:26 PM
New User

Default Re: How to go about building a Hybrid!? (raeneshadow)

Well I don't want to do the swap myself... I plan on taking it to a shop to do it. I just want to get as educated as I can on hybrids before I actually perform the swap. I want to make sure I get all the stuff I need, and make sure I get it all right the first time. I don't want to make any room for screw ups, and say to myself "I shoulda done this..." I want my swap to go smooth and I want to have knowledge of everything I am doing to my car.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to go about building a Hybrid!? (Dynamix)

You're not doing it yourself? Shame on you... just joking .

Anyway, from what I know since you're dropping it into the '92-'95 model years, there's really not all that much you need to do. The engine bolts in, you'll probably have to change the axles, the exhaust system should connect just fine, you might have a problem with the air intake but that could be solved easily with a filter-on-a-stick, and the wiring should be a piece of cake, too. Like 92sleepR said, the Hybrid board's the best place to find info, or at least a place to begin . Good luck!