Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors

i have an 98 h22 and its in a 93 si civic. its wired with the stock harness that was in the car. im running a obd1 p13 ecu. i noticced to sensors that were not pluged in. i need to know where should i pin them in the ecu, or at least the names of the sensors

the 1st pic is on the passanger siide by the feul rail.

and the second is on the driver side on the block of the motor

i have the original prelude harness so i could jack pins off it

or should i run the harness with the obd chang over.

also i dont know what injectors im running caseu i dont see a resistor pack

Old 03-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Shooting Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First one is the egr vavle, not sure about the 2nd one. If you buy a p28 ecu you dont even have to worry about that egr crap. I think you have to use a resistor box with stock h22 injectors.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

i have a p28. i just bought a p13, i also have an obd2 prelude ecu
Old 03-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Shooting Star

Use your p28 and then take a pop can. Cut out a piece of it that resembles the egr vavle...And block it off by using the pop can in between the egr and mainfold.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:43 AM

just so you huys know the 1st sensor is on the fuel rail!!! not the intake mani
Old 03-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (djsire)

the picture is pretty damn blurry but i'm guessing the second one is the crankshaft fluctuation sensor which u will not need if ur staying obd1. You probably have the obd2 prelude injectors which are saturated so u don't need a resistor box for them. you may have problems runing a obd1 P13 ecu with the obd2 injectors tho. as long as u use a P28 or P72 obd1 ecu u should be fine.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Re: (MrMike)

im using a p13
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Shooting Star

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djsire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so you huys know the 1st sensor is on the fuel rail!!! not the intake mani</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope that first sensor is on your intake mani. Its the egr.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djsire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im using a p13</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're doing it the hard way. you will need two more "sensors" to run the EGR.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djsire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so you huys know the 1st sensor is on the fuel rail!!! not the intake mani</TD></TR></TABLE>

and just so you know, you need to look a little harder at your engine components. That first sensor is on the runner of your intake manifold. Not, on your fuel rail. If you do the soda can block off plate, make sure you get a new gasket for it as well or it will never seal correctly and you'll experience vacuum leak (as i did a long time ago). I opted for a thick peice of aluminum that i had custom cut at the shop i used to work at. There are pics in the h22 how to thread (somewhere). Do a search for egr block off plate and im sure it'll come up.

Secondly, you cant just "pop in a p28" and call it good. You'll have d series fuel maps runnin an h series motor. It WILL NOT run right like that. If you run that p28 you're going to need to get it chipped first, then setup with the correct maps. Gixxer is the man when it comes to chipping, so drop him a pm if you need too.

As for that second connector......... no clue. But it doesnt even look like a "sensor" as you put it. Looks like a connector for something. But from where its at, it doesnt look like its for anything that connects to anything around there. Theres a solenoid down there for your vacuum canister..... and thats about it.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

ok so thts the egr then . what about the other somone was saying crank positions sensor, and another said knock sesor? bump for answers
Old 03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Shooting Star

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Secondly, you cant just "pop in a p28" and call it good. You'll have d series fuel maps runnin an h series motor. It WILL NOT run right like that. If you run that p28 you're going to need to get it chipped first, then setup with the correct maps. Gixxer is the man when it comes to chipping, so drop him a pm if you need too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you can run the h22 with the p28 thats what im doing right this second. until I make it down to the guy that can tune it.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors (djsire)

what other two sensors will you need to run the egr on the p13????????
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecspeed1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes you can run the h22 with the p28 thats what im doing right this second. until I make it down to the guy that can tune it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And at what point in my post did i say you couldnt? You can run an h22 with a p72 as well, but that doesnt mean its using the correct fuel maps either, now does it? And thats what im saying, that p28 is not good to be running your h22 with, hence you shouldnt run it. Its mapped for a d series motor not an h series. Your h22 is NOT running at optimal potential AT ALL with that stock p28. Once its chipped and flashed with the right maps, then sure, go for it. Its the same thing i ran in mine, a chipped p28 runnin crome, and tuned quite nicely (my dyno sheets are in the h22 write up as well).

But dont sit there and try to say that running a p28 is the same thing as running a p13. Because you're wrong.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

again i ask you awnry guys jk what other two sensors would you have to run for the egr so that you dont get a code with a p13?????
Old 03-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors (mikegeezy)

update. i got the o2 done but now i m throwin codes 41, 23, and 12 i read somewher that i have to switch the o2 wires on the ecu side?
\
i plugged in the stock p28 and all codes were gone?
but with the p13 i get those codes let me know what i have to fix.

i know egr is not hooked up
niether is crank postion sensor
or iab's

Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djsire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">update. i got the o2 done but now i m throwin codes 41, 23, and 12 i read somewher that i have to switch the o2 wires on the ecu side?
\
i plugged in the stock p28 and all codes were gone?
but with the p13 i get those codes let me know what i have to fix.

i know egr is not hooked up
niether is crank postion sensor
or iab's

</TD></TR></TABLE>

-edited- read my book wrong

Modified by AudioFuct at 7:52 PM 3/19/2006
Old 03-19-2006, 08:18 AM

Default Re: hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors (mikegeezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">again i ask you awnry guys jk what other two sensors would you have to run for the egr so that you dont get a code with a p13?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

There arent any more "sensors" you need. The only sensor needed is the one thats on the EGR valve itself. The other 2 components you need are the EGR control solenoid valve and the EGR vacuum control valve.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so if i use the p28 and have it chipped with the h22 fuel map then i wont throw any codes? and if i use the p13 then ill have to live with the codes unless i get the extra egr control solenoid valve and the vacum control valve?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:45 AM

Default Re: (mikegeezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so if i use the p28 and have it chipped with the h22 fuel map then i wont throw any codes? and if i use the p13 then ill have to live with the codes unless i get the extra egr control solenoid valve and the vacum control valve?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, exactly. Or, if you can find a p72 you can chip that as well and run it. The upside being the p72 will have IAB control as well as knock sensor capability. The p28 has neither of those functions. But, either one work. Like i said earlier, i had a chipped p28 runnin crome, tuned, and it worked great.

If you ordered a COMPLETE swap from wherever you got your swap from, all the EGR devices should have come with it. The solenoid looks just just like the other solenoids (i.e. your IAB control solenoid on the vacuum canister) and the control valve is a little green and white cannister looking thing. There is a diagram in the h22 write up somewhere.

Oh, and for all your ecu chipping and tuning needs, holler at turbogixxer, hes the man the myth and the legend when it comes to that stuff. The man knows crome like the back of his hand. DEFINENTLY knows his ****.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:05 AM

whre are you getting your codes form? 41 is o2 sensor!!! put up a link please
Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Shooting Star

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And at what point in my post did i say you couldnt? You can run an h22 with a p72 as well, but that doesnt mean its using the correct fuel maps either, now does it? And thats what im saying, that p28 is not good to be running your h22 with, hence you shouldnt run it. Its mapped for a d series motor not an h series. Your h22 is NOT running at optimal potential AT ALL with that stock p28. Once its chipped and flashed with the right maps, then sure, go for it. Its the same thing i ran in mine, a chipped p28 runnin crome, and tuned quite nicely (my dyno sheets are in the h22 write up as well).

But dont sit there and try to say that running a p28 is the same thing as running a p13. Because you're wrong. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oops I must have miss read. I thought you said you cant run the p28.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:08 AM

answer my q' please
Old 03-19-2006, 01:34 PM

"What p13 do you have? Is it an automatic ecu? Because 41 is Automatic Transmission signal "B". Code 12 is your IAT (Intake Air Temperature). And 23 is VTEC Oil Pressure Switch. LoL...... none of which are the codes for EGR or for your tps.

The code for EGR is 13 and throttle position is 8. Neither of which you posted"

they guy who posted this doesnt have a clue what hes atlking about lmao
Old 03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Shooting Star

41 is o2...

Quick Reply: hey guys help me finish my swap h22 sensors