Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP on rebuilt engine swap...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP on rebuilt engine swap...

well i had my d16z6 rebuilt (block only) and just got it put in. when i crank it up, it doesnt start and sounds very nasty. it almost starts, but doesnt. i smelled smoke and looked around to check everything. i found that i had forgot to tighten my dizzy all the way down. did that and restarted it. same nasty sound and almost starts, but i looked down on the floor and a dark oily substance was coming out and spilling through my stock header!!! oh yea, no codes were thrown either. i dont have the bottom part bolted up yet, otherwise it wouldve all came through my exhaust. the oil is black but very oily. i think its prolly carbon mixed in with the oil thats spilling out. i checked the oil and theres a shitload of oil in it. also my mechanic who rebuilt it told me to pour a small amount (shotglass amount) of oil down into the spark plug holes before i put them in to give the block more lube just in case. he told me it would smoke like hell for a little while until everything burned off like the extra oil and assembly lube he used. he didnt mention that i would have any problems starting the car though. im so worried cuz it wont start and sounds like ****. im also scared of screwing something up while trying to start it. im thinking that maybe i poured too much oil down the holes and maybe it wont start becuz its flooding the plugs right now. would anything else get screwed up and damaged becuz of this?? im unsure wat to do so im gonna let it sit tonight and maybe the rest of the oil will drip in and get back down to the oil pan. im gonna try to start it tomorrow after i get home. has anyone ever had a problem like this??? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!