Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help If you know

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help If you know

I bought a four door civic dx and the starter was making a clicking noise when you would try and start it. The engine would never turned over just the starter would click. I did a h22 swap and i'm experiencing the same thing. same battery reading 11.98volts on my DVOM and different starters. I also don't hear the fuel pump energize when I turn my car to the "on" position (With the back seat out and my friend listening for it) . I thought the problem would correct itself with the swap but now I think it may be an electrical problem. I am going to check the fuel pressure soon but I want the engine to at least turn over before I waste time on the fuel pump. Thanks in advance -Nate
Old 04-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help If you know (ProjectGSRHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectGSRHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a four door civic dx and the starter was making a clicking noise when you would try and start it. The engine would never turned over just the starter would click. I did a h22 swap and i'm experiencing the same thing. same battery reading 11.98volts on my DVOM and different starters. I also don't hear the fuel pump energize when I turn my car to the "on" position (With the back seat out and my friend listening for it) . I thought the problem would correct itself with the swap but now I think it may be an electrical problem. I am going to check the fuel pressure soon but I want the engine to at least turn over before I waste time on the fuel pump. Thanks in advance -Nate</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure when you say the starter would just click. Starters are electric motors, that actually move. Something else might be clicking.

We need more clues. It could be a ground, it could be wiring, it could be the distributor, it could be plug wires.
Follow this flow chart. It might help.
http://www.nutzandboltz.org/Se...t.pdf

Good luck
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Help If you know (whitecat31)

Thanks i'll give it a try
Old 04-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Test for voltage at the pump itself and if you have nothign there check the main relay underneath your glove box. I had kind of the same situation in my 96 DX....ended up having to runa fused jumper between the two fuel pump pins on the relay. &lt;shrug&gt; Got abomb *** anti-theft system now. Haha, with no fuse in, no power to pump under any circumstance.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectGSRHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a four door civic dx and the starter was making a clicking noise when you would try and start it. The engine would never turned over just the starter would click. I did a h22 swap and i'm experiencing the same thing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same problem, come to find out the relay wasn't plugged in by the ecu. Follow the wires connected to the relay. Take the glove box out. It will be on the right side.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:49 PM

Ok thanks I'll try that too