Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I wanna swap it

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:44 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, I wanna swap it

Hey guys, names Rob, I have owned a few hondas and have really gotten to love em. I have an idea, that, I don't know if anyone has done this swap yet but here is the idea. I have a 1999 civic ex, love it, d16y8, 5 speed, light, super fun, but just a little underwhelming in that push you to the seat feel. Currently it's got over 300k on it and stopped turning over for me. I recently bought a 1990 accord wagon, F22A6, 5 speed, and I feel like this motor and transmission pull way harder even being a wagon, no vtec just pull. So here's the question, would it be possible/worth the money to drop the F into the civic with it's transmission, or would it have to be mated to the d trans with a plate? Basically I want the F in the civic, and I do have back burner turbo ideas. Any and all input or information on this idea will be appreciated, including things to watch out for and things to do before trying to boost the F.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:37 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Help, I wanna swap it

Not an expert on F-swaps, but I'm sure it's been done. I may be wrong, but I think it's similar to the H-series swaps?
Old 10-01-2020, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: Help, I wanna swap it

Originally Posted by DaX
Not an expert on F-swaps, but I'm sure it's been done. I may be wrong, but I think it's similar to the H-series swaps?
yes, it's the same as an H-swap except you don't have to run hood spacers because the F22A6 head will clear the hood, no problem.

a direct swap F22A6 w/5spd is orders of magnitude easier than F2D. last i checked kits are no longer available new. most info you find on H23 swaps will apply in your case
The following users liked this post:
DaX