Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part!

ok guys, BIG problems! my h22 coupe wont go into 1st or 5th because there's no bushing on my shift cables at the end where they mount to the tranny. (the small one)

can anyone PLEASE tell me where to get this part. better yet, if you have a junked lude, or extra cables, i'll pay up to $20 JUST FOR A LITTLE BUSHING!

i've contacted MANY honda parts depts. and NONE sell it. they all say honda doesnt sell just the bushing as it's not meant to be removed.

there has to be SOME way.

notice the circled part in the image... (NO #31 isnt it, its just a washer)
its the bushing that goes INSIDE the metal ring.

Old 06-01-2003, 07:05 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (john.fuggi)

Sorry I don't have the answer, however I've bugged honda for a part for a while, then when I asked agian they searched a little harder and found a bolt for me. Most of the times the parts people are lazy.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (w00t!)

true, i def agree.

but i've been doing business with a certain dealership and he isn't some young lazy kid. he's gone great lengths to help me and i trust him when he says i can't get it from honda.

i emailed a few places (IAS, HMO, SOHFAST) hopefully they email me back tomorrow with some help.

i'll take some damaged cables, even if they are cut or mangled, as long as that little bushing is intact, i'm happy.

i would get a new shift cable assembly but it took over a month to find te one i have now. so a bushing is all i need.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (john.fuggi)

I need that damn bushing too, but they don't sell it
Old 06-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (NINJASPY)

go to a place where they sell rubber bushings and get one that fits just right. OR if you need one I've got one for sale. btw #31 its a teflon washer not part of the bushing you're looking. honda does sell the part but you have to get the shifting cables in order to get that small part.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (Qfactor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Qfactor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to a place where they sell rubber bushings and get one that fits just right. OR if you need one I've got one for sale. btw #31 its a teflon washer not part of the bushing you're looking. honda does sell the part but you have to get the shifting cables in order to get that small part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i said it wasn't 31. they dont sell the part by it self. you have to buy the $300 assembly. thats not what i want to do.

you have a bushing for sale?

the correct one?

i cant just go to a busginh place because i have NO idea what size it is and i'm not going to remove my cables.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

her is a link
http://www.hondaautomotivepart...LEVER

part #19035

i believe that they are same, for both. HTH
Old 06-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (cccya)

no. it is not a washer! there is no number for the item.

it is a bushing and they do not sell it seperaely.

thanks for trying to help.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Could you use that bushing from an accord shift linkage cause if so I'm sure someone has that laying around.

Accordhybrid
Old 06-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (accordhybrid)

either call len.

or measure it, and call energy suspension for one
Old 06-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (ragejed)

who is len?

will energy make one if i request it? and how much?

i'm going to try using accord linkage. hopefully i can find some thats damaged or cut so i can get it really cheap.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Furry in your eye

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (ragejed)

you cant buy the bushing but it can be removed from the cable. roll to a junk yard and nab them *****
Old 06-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (Furry in your eye)

i would if i could. but i have to ride to a junkyard. i'll try to get one tomorrow.

wish me luck though. not many good yards round here. and if i find one with a prelude or accord, they'll make me buy the whole engine or tranny.

fawkers
Old 06-02-2003, 06:59 PM

Len is one of my boys, and he works at the Acura Dealership.

Call him up about that part.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (poison)

would len have access to honda parts?

'acura dealership'

if so, woule he be able to get just that bushing?

is he a h-t member? can you ask him, or call him for me... or give me the # and i'll do it lol
Old 06-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

energy will prolly have one in the size u need already, lol, prolly give u better shifts too.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 PM

Or make your own. http://www.mcmaster-carr.com sells polyeurethane pretty cheap.
I have a couple extra sets of cables laying around. I'll check if I can get the bushing out, undamaged.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! i can't find this part! honda doesn't sell it, but its a honda part! (liquid51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liquid51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or make your own. http://www.mcmaster-carr.com sells polyeurethane pretty cheap.
I have a couple extra sets of cables laying around. I'll check if I can get the bushing out, undamaged.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, please see if you can do that for me man. i'd really appreciate it!