Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! EG H22 PROBLEM!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! EG H22 PROBLEM!!

ok.. now i am currently in the process of doing a 1993 h22 into my 1994 civic hatch.... now i have all of the wiring info that i got off of this site(thanks)... but it doesnt tell how to wire the ignition for the external coil.. i no some preludes have an internal coil, but this one has an external and i dont think it plugs right in but i need help... thanks
PS: i also have access to ALLDATA online so i have wiring if i need it.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just pull teh external coil wiring out of the lude harness and replace the ignition wiring from the civic harness with it and tape it up and call it a day.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:01 AM

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just pull teh external coil wiring out of the lude harness and replace the ignition wiring from the civic harness with it and tape it up and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is basically how it is done! are you staying all stock?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Re: (H22AHATCH)

so just take the plug and everything from the h22 harness and just run them straight to the ECU? and no i'm not stayin stock... i got a turbo on it to and i have a built bottem end i'm gonna be puttin in it soon enough.....
and also.... what about the MAP sensor and the EGR????? they are different and i dont have them.... on the single cam the MAP is on the manni and on the lude the MAP is on the firewall!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 11:48 AM
RTFM

i didnt mess with teh ecu wiring at all for the ignition.
i literally grabbed the plug that was for the external coil, and pulled it along with all attached wiring out of the preldue harness, and then took that wiring and spliced it into the civic harness....doing that i had to remove all teh original civic wiring to replace it. its a lot easier to do than it is to talk about though....
Old 09-13-2004, 07:44 AM

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i didnt mess with teh ecu wiring at all for the ignition.
i literally grabbed the plug that was for the external coil, and pulled it along with all attached wiring out of the preldue harness, and then took that wiring and spliced it into the civic harness....doing that i had to remove all teh original civic wiring to replace it. its a lot easier to do than it is to talk about though....</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok.. well on the civic plug to the dizzy, there are 7 wires.. and on the prelude plug there are 8... plus there are 3 wires coming from the external coil. i know i can splice into the civics harness but i dont know where i can get the diagrams from..... i have the diagram from i think poisons post but it doesnt say anything about the ignition.. i only have the wiring to do and i'll be done but i only have 2 weeks left of school and i go back home (in which i'll be driving my car i hope!!!).
Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Re: (JDMboostedB16)

bump
Old 09-13-2004, 07:58 AM
RTFM

the civic wiring is for internal coil and prelude is for external.

as i said, you take the entire section of wiring that has the distirbutor plugs, the coil plug, and whatever else is attached to it out of the prelude harness and replace those wires in teh civic harness with teh prelude parts.