Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!-Big Drivablity problem- 98 Type R swap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!-Big Drivablity problem- 98 Type R swap!!!!!

Ok this problem just all started friday night around 11pm. I was crusiing downtown on broadstreet, when i noticed my car was making a funny rattling noise... and it seemed like it was getting louder... so i pull over with everyone in an empty parking lot and determine that the rattling noise, was due to the fact that the Apexi mid pipe, wasnt on the middle hanger... so were thinking ok.. not a big dezal. well on my way home i downshift to third, to get off the exit ramp onto the highway, and it gets a kind of rough engaugement.. stilll im thinkin ok, maybe that just the clutch- ( cuz its a clutchmasters stage 4..)

So comming to a stop, when i get off the interstate, i notice when i go to shift into 1st that my shifter feels like its sitting higher, and its much looser, so i get moving, then shift to second.. i hear a clanking noise again, Much louder this time, and can feel what felt like the linkages hitting on the exhaust...when ishifted to 2nd the same sound, and feeling are applied.when i physically took my hand off of the shifter when it was in 2nd gear, it kind of lurched forward...same thing on my 2-3 shifts also.so i pull over and my friend drives it for a second, and he seems to think that when i hit a dip in the road on broad street it pushed the mid pipe up against my shift linkages and bent them. hence the rattling on clunking feeling.. anyone else have a solution. i have a spare set of shift linkages here with me now.. we were just going to replace them. i just need another opinion or 7. hah..i appreciate it .. sorry if it wasnt detailed enough., but please give your opinion.. ill get pictures when ever i can

***Edit- forgot to mention what the swap was in....1995 honda Civic Ex coupe, with a full 98 usdm type r swap