Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 00 EX lower radiator hose on b16a2 and 2 more problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! 00 EX lower radiator hose on b16a2 and 2 more problems

Hey guys, I'm doing my first swap (b16a2 from a 00' SI into my 00' EX) and I have encountered 3 problems which are holding me back to completing the swap.

Problem #1:
I still have my stock EX radiator and I bought a new upper SI radiator hose since it's the right length. My problem now is that the lower hose is slightly smaller in diameter than the fitting to the block. I've tried my best to fit it on but after 20 minutes of fighting with it I still can't get it on.

Every writeup and faq that I've found says that everything should be plug and play but mention nothing about the having to swap out the radiator or anything. Is there any possible way I can retain my stock EX radiator? I went to Autozone and asked them about the lower hose and they said it was the same part number for both the EX and SI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem #2:
I was able to get an SI wire harness and connected all he plugs together except for one. It's near the alternator right next to the crank. It's a 2-wire plug and I believe it's the CFK sensor plug. No matter what I do, I can't get the plug from the harness to connect with this plug on the block. It's like something is stopping it from going in any further. It goes in half way but that's it. Is there any trick for stubborn plugs? If I have no other option, would I be able to cut off both plugs, extend the wires and use male and female connectors to connect them together?

Problem #3:
I encountered the big plug/little plug issue with my distributor but was able to get an SI harness to fix that. My distributor was removed and now I need to put it back on. The key inside the dizzy that spins got turned so now it doesn't align with the inside of the engine where it sits. I know i can turn it but is there any way of knowing which side is the correct way. IDK if I'm explaining this clearly but from what I can see there's a 50/50 chance of me installing it correctly the first time. Either it'll be fine the first try or I can turn it 180 degrees and try it that way. Is there anyway of knowing how to get it right the first time?

Thanks for your time and help.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help! 00 EX lower radiator hose on b16a2 and 2 more problems

the si lower hose should be the same as an integra one. definitely not the same as an ex.

do you have an issue with the seal for the ckf plug? somehow its torn or whatever?

as for the distributor, it'll only fit correctly one way.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok problems 1 and 3 are taken care of but there's still problem 2. Here is a pic of the connectors, they just won't go in for some reason and I don't see any other plugs that look like it that I may have gotten mixed. Can anyone verify that this is the CKF sensor plug? This is the only thing holding me back from starting my car.

both plugs male and female:

plug from harness:

Any ideas? It's freezing outside and I've been working on this for the whole afternoon.

Thanks for looking.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you're using the Si harness along with an Si motor, there shouldn't be an issue with the CKF. If however you were using the Ex harness, which uses a 3-wire CKF, then yeah, there'd be a small issue. The CKF plug does indeed use Blu and Wht wires with the 3-wire plug adding a Blk wire.