Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch

Ok. I just pulled my motor after having it in for about a month. My tranny is jacked and won't go in reverse (but that's another problem I won't go into), so I pulled the motor so I could take the tranny in to be looked at. Once I pulled the motor, I noticed that my rear mount bushing was torn on the passenger side of the mount. I am using the hcp eg-22 kit. My motor is a 94 h22a and I am using the original rear mount bracket off the h22, so I am using the right bracket. I recently started noticing a squeaking sound coming from near the firewall every time I would engage the clutch or let off the throttle. I had a feeling it was coming from the rear mount, but I wasn't sure. Today I found out that it was in fact the rear mount making the squeeking. The outer lip of the bushing is torn and part of the mount was rubbing on the rear bracket. So the squeeling was the metal on metal contact of part of the rear mount and the rear bracket. Has anyone else had this problem with their hcp rear mount?

I'll post pics later.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (laugHin22CX)

ahh, that really sucks man

I have the HASport kit, but hopefully Newman, H22EK, Jason KiDD and others will post up what their ordeal is.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (poison)

Yeah I was kinda surprised to find this out because I have only been driving the car for about a month now. I talked to another h22 eg guy using the hcp kit and he said that his rear mount bushing tore just like mine and that it squeeks too.

Other than that, Im happy with the hcp kit...heh.

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 5:54 AM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 10:38 PM

Here are some pictures of the damage. Sorry they are kinda big.

This is where it was rubbing on the bracket.

A closer look at the destruction...heh.

Notice the gap between the bushing and the mount. Is this normal? The other side which tore didn't have this gap.

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 7:43 AM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has me wondering..

Did you tighten the bracket and mount down well enough?

And I'd say don't even worry about that gap. I bet it closes more when it's tightened right?
Old 01-02-2003, 11:19 PM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (Nameless)

nah that's how it was even torqued down when the motor was in my car. I even made sure to torque all the mounts to specs from hcp, and there still was that gap on the driver side of the rear mount.

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 8:21 AM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 11:29 PM

damn. that is one hashed up rear mount

I hope Newman or h22ek will see this soon. I wonder if they had the problem at all...
Old 01-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is very, very interesting. I had the exact same issue one my HCP EG22 rear trans mount. I just installed it though, haven't driven it yet.

My rear mount was an easy 1/4" too far to the passenger side of the car. I had to wedge it to get in into proper alignment. I was only able to get three of the four bolts onthe the rear trans mount bracket that alignment was so bad . . .

I sure hope the bushing doesn't tear through on mine . . .

George, Newman; you guys seen this yet?
Old 01-03-2003, 02:17 AM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (jeff652)

well i have never had this problem, or seen this problem before, but no worries HCP has a warantee and I think that should be covered by them. E-mail them and let them know the situation, sure they will make it right.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have this problem too, but mine hasnt rubbed through yet.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:42 AM
New User

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (fastwanabe)

I had the same problem... the rear mount are not perfectly aligne. My first mount broke after only few race After this I received another one and he did the same thing even worst(1 week later) look by yourself.
http://membres.lycos.fr/hondacivic/m...hcpbushing.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/hondacivic/m...cpbushing2.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/hondacivic/m...cpbushing3.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/hondacivic/m...cpbushing4.jpg
Now I take the rear mount to machine shop. Move it 1/4 inch to the driver side and I installed new homemade bushing with 3 hockey puck + polyeurethane. Had no more problem after this for 3 month Yes you have a warranty but it`s take time and you dont have your car when it`s broken The rear mount of HCP are to small(the bushing itself) for the power of the H22a. Just need to fill all the mount with no space between
Old 01-03-2003, 08:22 AM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (Civic Rs)

Well damn that looks bad. But it also looks like you got a different set of bushings that I did. All my bushings are red and are quite strong. I actually had cut one by accident when installing the rear mount the first time but it was only a small slice and didnt affect anything.. I dont know if they did in fact change out to different bushings over time, but as you know I also had to change my rear tranny bracket to a 92-96 prelude one because the Type S bracket is shorter and more at an angle.

But so far no problems and I have been driving around for a while now...
Old 01-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (poison)

hey poison!? i got a 98 ek and im going with the hasport kit as well, do u like them?? any problems? how much were they and where did u get them? sorry for all the questions but i have no clue what im gonna do? do u have aim? thanks!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:10 AM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (Jason kiDD)

Well damn that looks bad. But it also looks like you got a different set of bushings that I did. All my bushings are red and are quite strong. I actually had cut one by accident when installing the rear mount the first time but it was only a small slice and didnt affect anything.. I dont know if they did in fact change out to different bushings over time, but as you know I also had to change my rear tranny bracket to a 92-96 prelude one because the Type S bracket is shorter and more at an angle.

But so far no problems and I have been driving around for a while now...
The mounts come with too different color bushings but there is no difference between them!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:42 AM

that happens because people dont know how to install an engine right. you have to get the rear mount in FIRST! people put the side one on, then squeeze in th rear one. try puting in the rear one first, and tourque the rear one first. then no mounts will be destroyed
Old 01-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (H23vtecEG)

thank you mr i jump to my own ideas...

The next time something u install'd breaks, should i right off the bat say u did it wrong?

How do u know he didnt put the rear mount in first?

shesh, people these days think they know everything and that they are always right... hear the guy out.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:08 AM

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (irev210)

Ok. Thx for your input guys. I'm getting a new mount so everything is cool (thanks Newman).

I did put the rear mount in first and then put the side ones in. It seems a few other people have had this problem with the rear mount as well and have a slight gap on the driver side of the mount. I dunno. Im just gonna be very careful this time and make sure the rear mount is properly lined up when I put the motor back in.

Is there any other way to get rid of this gap?

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 10:10 AM 1/5/2003]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:29 AM
New User

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (H23vtecEG)

do you think we dont read the installation instruction Everytime I remove this mount I loose all the other. Do you really think that this small bushing can old more than 200hp by itself... I dont think so and I had the proof 2 time
Old 06-30-2003, 12:36 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laugHin22CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok. I just pulled my motor after having it in for about a month. My tranny is jacked and won't go in reverse (but that's another problem I won't go into), so I pulled the motor so I could take the tranny in to be looked at. Once I pulled the motor, I noticed that my rear mount bushing was torn on the passenger side of the mount. I am using the hcp eg-22 kit. My motor is a 94 h22a and I am using the original rear mount bracket off the h22, so I am using the right bracket. I recently started noticing a squeaking sound coming from near the firewall every time I would engage the clutch or let off the throttle. I had a feeling it was coming from the rear mount, but I wasn't sure. Today I found out that it was in fact the rear mount making the squeeking. The outer lip of the bushing is torn and part of the mount was rubbing on the rear bracket. So the squeeling was the metal on metal contact of part of the rear mount and the rear bracket. Has anyone else had this problem with their hcp rear mount?

I'll post pics later.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This same **** just happen to my brothers hatch and he just had it for a month also NEED to know WHAT TO DO NOW?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:43 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laugHin22CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok. Thx for your input guys. I'm getting a new mount so everything is cool (thanks Newman).

I did put the rear mount in first and then put the side ones in. It seems a few other people have had this problem with the rear mount as well and have a slight gap on the driver side of the mount. I dunno. Im just gonna be very careful this time and make sure the rear mount is properly lined up when I put the motor back in.

Is there any other way to get rid of this gap?

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 10:10 AM 1/5/2003]</TD></TR></TABLE>

just wondering if you found a way to fix the gap issue? is this a mount issue or installation issue?
Old 06-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (~~~InNeEdFoRsPeEd~~~)

my mount has rubbed the bushing through but I bent the lip out so that way it wont rub... however I would like to get the mount fixed.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:20 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> my mount has rubbed the bushing through but I bent the lip out so that way it wont rub... however I would like to get the mount fixed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

by bending the lips outward (passenger side) wouldn't that just create more gaps now? how about hearing from some of ht members that are hcp distributor???
Old 06-30-2003, 11:25 AM

ya guys lets here about this....im going with the HCP mounts and wanna make srue they are mint
Old 06-30-2003, 11:51 AM

Default Re: (JDMeg6bb1)

Is this only an issue with the eg's, or is it also an issue with the ek's?
Old 06-30-2003, 11:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (SpiritUnreal)

bump this topic to the top and hope to find some answers

Quick Reply: hcp rear mount problem w/ my h22 hatch