Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hastport 2 Mount Passenger Axle Angle Problems (Searched)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hasport 2 Mount Passenger Axle Angle Problems (Searched)

I have an H22A swapped into a EG Hatch. I had the Place racing mount kit which the bushings failed and purchased the Hasport 2 mount kit. Here is where my problem lies. I have a prelude center shaft and tried the Place racing driver axle and 94+ teg axle no problems driver side. I have tried 90 to 93 teg,94 + teg, and Place racing passenger axles. Regardless of what axle is in the car when driving forward or backward the Passenger side of the vehicle raises and lowers with each revolution of the tire. It seems as if the axle is binding instead of centering with each spin. If you examine the axle there is an extreme angle backward going from tranny to wheel hub. All wheel bushings are new. I have even gone to the extreme of putting factory coil springs in the car thinking that the HR Race springs were causing the excessive angle, no difference. I am ready to try the accord or prelude inner hub with 87-89 teg outer shaft and axle that i have searched on but will that work with the excessive angle?

Modified by cliffy v at 1:13 PM 8/14/2007
Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Hasport 2 Mount Passenger Axle Angle Problems (cliffy v)

Sorry i know i spelled Hasport incorrectly
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Well bud...i'm sorry to hear of your troubles however it makes me feel a little better as i'm kinda going through the same **** right now with my EG. i used the innovative mount kit. I used DA axles and the driver works fine, but the tranny side was binding. i then bought the axles innovative sells on their website and the tranny side binded even worse. i had to send back to them to get it cut even shorter, have not gotten it back yet.

I thought with your mount kit you could use DA axles with the prelude inners and it would work fine. My boy has the same kit you have and thats what he runs with no problems. The only difference is both him and I are using the accord half shaft, instead of the prelude one. I'm curious to see if the 87-89 axle works for you as that is what I was thinking, in the meantime I had to have a custom sized axle built.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM

thanks im ready to pull the plug wires and drop 4 quarter sticks in it
Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Correct axle length is especially critical in this particular swap because of the severe axle angle necessary to fit the H22 motor and trans in that car. I don't know what mix-match of stock parts will get you the correct length but I can tell you how to check it to see if it is right. With your car on the ground remove both axle nuts and compress the axle as far as it will go. The tip of the outer joint should be within a quarter inch plus or minus of flush with the face of hub where the axle nut seats. If you get the axle length correct, you should not have any problems. If you can't figure it out you could always buy axles from the companies that made the mounts. I know Hasport sells swap specific axles and I assume Innovative does too.
Good luck.