Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka?

All i've heard is horror stories, but i figure that they must have a few good engines. man for a GSR swap they're $600 cheaper than HMO. I'm really tempted to take my chances, but i really dont want a junk motor. If you have gotten a good swap from Osaka let me know thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (thehatchninja)

I got a decent swap from Osaka, came with what was listed, but i drove there and picked it up so i could choose the motor i wanted. I wouldnt trust buying a motor over the internet from anywhere. my $.02
Old 01-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (Gray EG)

Well lately they have been trying to resolve a problem from "within." So just wait 'til those whole thing blows over, I'd give it another 2 weeks to a month for everything to go back to normal.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All i've heard is horror stories, but i figure that they must have a few good engines. man for a GSR swap they're $600 cheaper than HMO. I'm really tempted to take my chances, but i really dont want a junk motor. If you have gotten a good swap from Osaka let me know thanks
Just remember, sometimes you get what you pay for.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:37 AM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (cyber13)

Update: I just fired up my motor for the first time this morning ( still gotta wire o2 sensor and knock sensor to ecu) and it knocks like a mother ******!!!!!!!! Sounds like its coming from the valves. I gotta figure out wtf this is cuz it does not sound good!!!!!!!1
Old 01-03-2003, 07:07 AM

My motor I recieved was good, but the customer service I recieved was downright pathetic.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (red92s)

I swear man...you guys scared just about ever friggin motor swap place from H-T.com for good!

Osaka "had" a good rep from the time they first popped into H-T.com for the first few months. All I heard was praise at how well they conducted themselves, even letting one customer take a motor home ON CREDIT, which he paid back the next business day. Then all it takes is 2 or 3 guys to *** up their rep with their bickering and complaints.

I swear...you guys are about as bad as O-T.com for messing everything up...

Old 01-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: I just fired up my motor for the first time this morning ( still gotta wire o2 sensor and knock sensor to ecu) and it knocks like a mother ******!!!!!!!! Sounds like its coming from the valves. I gotta figure out wtf this is cuz it does not sound good!!!!!!!1
Yes, please do find out what's wrong first before pointing fingers. And I'm assuming you did y our own install?

*Are you sure it wasn't GE that messed up your motor?* LOL! j/k I know it's old...
Old 01-03-2003, 09:03 AM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (98CTRCoupe)

Well , i just put the motor in this week, fired it up for the VERY FIRST TIME this morning, and it ******* knocks like a mother ******. It was all full of oil and everything. It hasnt been drove at all becuase im still waiting for my damn shift linkage. I took the valve cover off and everything under there looked fine, and it doesnt sound like a rod bearing, so im thinking its the wrist pin bearing. Whatever it is im not a ******* happy camper, becuase i paid $2000 for a ******* motor that was suppose to run good, now i got a POS knocking motor stuck in my car, i have no money to fix the knocking noise, so im fucked, thanx alot osaka
You will be getting a call from me!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:04 AM

a friend of mine recently purchased a swap from them. They had semi-good customer service but sometimes it sort of seems like they ignore you or maybe they are just really busy. Anywho, his motor arrived in descent shape. The motor is in the car now and runs really good. Hes very pleased with the price that he got from them as well as the motor. We also opened the tranny to find a light *** flywheel and a pretty good aftermarket clutch (some japanese shiat). He hasnt had any problems with the motor itself as of yet but I will keep you guys updated.

[Modified by ZigenGSR, 7:06 PM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-03-2003, 10:28 AM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (ZigenGSR)

What am i suppose to do in my case? i got a motor i bought from osaka that knocks liek a mother, with no money to fix it, should i try and get them to reimburse me for th eproblem sor what? i cant bring the motor back to them...
Old 01-03-2003, 10:43 AM

i would call them and see whats up...call Joe's line and talk to him about it since he is the boss. He is kinda hard to understand when he talks but he is a good guy. Let us know what he says.
Joes # = 514-382-4333
Old 01-03-2003, 12:56 PM

Then all it takes is 2 or 3 guys to *** up their rep with their bickering and complaints.
Why are you transfering the blame for osaka's decline in reputation from the company itself to the customer? It's not the customers fault they recieved poor customer service, broken intake manifolds, waited 2+ months for a sub-par gauge cluster, got a tranny with a hole in the side, missing LSD's, and missing exhaust components. As a customer, I don't feel at all obligated to "protect" the reputation of a distributer simply because they have good prices. Osaka has seriously dropped the ball with MULTIPLE honda-tech members in the last few weeks, and thus-far, hasn't made anything but promises of correcting the problems. If you were about to spend several thousand dollars on an item over the internet, wouldn't you want to know that one potential seller has been having problems delivering goods as promised and correcting their mistakes?
Old 01-03-2003, 04:01 PM

Kind of off topic, but i didnt want to start a new thread......for those of you who picked it up, how much did it cost you to get back into the states with the motor?
MIKE

[Modified by neonxrt, 5:01 PM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-03-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (neonxrt)

Kind of off topic, but i didnt want to start a new thread......for those of you who picked it up, how much did it cost you to get back into the states with the motor?
MIKE

[Modified by neonxrt, 5:01 PM 1/3/2003]
FREE!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (Pat McGroin)

hey pat? i talked to the guy from osaka and he said the same thing? whats going on with them?? why should i wait a month or two?
Old 01-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What am i suppose to do in my case? i got a motor i bought from osaka that knocks liek a mother, with no money to fix it, should i try and get them to reimburse me for th eproblem sor what? i cant bring the motor back to them...
First, you should get it checked out and see what the REAL problem is. If it's an internal problem, installation error, etc...you still need to find out what it is. Then provide proof that the motor was defective and take actions against them. But without actually looking into the problem, how do you REALLY know that the problem lies with Osaka and the motor you bought?

And secondly, budgeting ONLY $2000 on a swap was the first mistake. There will ALWAYS be problems down the line...and you have to anticipate them beforehand. I'm not saying that you didn't recieve a bad motor or not, but you should really find the root of the problem first before placing the blame on anyone... Just my 0.02.

^ And I believe that's where MOST of everyone's problems stem from...jumping to conclusions before trying to work things out or finding out for themselves.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright check it out...i talked to a guy (IM) for like 30 minutes today. He told me that the reason that there rep has gone down hill was cause a lot of swaps went out missing junk. Right now they have their orders on hold for the sole purpose of getting all their stuff sent out. Also on a similar note if you want to buy a swap from them now is the time to do it. They are aware that their rep has gone down hill, and while they've been closed they've been packaging their choice swaps to send them out first to kinda make up for it or whatever....they're rectifying the problem....they're trying hard to bring their rep back....and personally he promised me a 100% gaurantee that if i'm not satisfied then they will fix it.

I'm sending them my money order monday morning (overnite)....B18C+LSD

cliff notes....excellent customer service, big promises....sounds genuine...update when i recieve my motor

[Modified by thehatchninja, 5:44 AM 1/4/2003]
Old 01-03-2003, 09:39 PM

Right now they have their orders on hold for the sole purpose of getting all their stuff sent out. Also on a similar note if you want to buy a swap from them now is the time to do it. They are aware that their rep has gone down hill, and while they've been closed they've been packaging their choice swaps to send them out first to kinda make up for it or whatever....they're rectifying the problem....they're trying hard to bring their rep back....and personally he promised me a 100% gaurantee that if i'm not satisfied then they will fix it.
[Modified by thehatchninja, 5:44 AM 1/4/2003]
I can personally tell you that I have no evidence that they have lifted a finger to correct my problem. I get emails saying "please call this #", I call and get no answer. I think they should try to improve their reputation by making good with the people that have been waiting weeks for parts, not by "hooking up" the next round of customers. I'm glad they promised you a lot of things (they told me the exact same things). . .and yet, here I am, almost a month after notifying them I was missing parts, and my car still isn't road legal. I'm glad you put enough trust in the promises of strangers to be the guinnea pig for "the new and improved" Osaka JDM Motors. I'm curious to see how this situation develops.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I swear man...you guys scared just about ever friggin motor swap place from H-T.com for good!

Osaka "had" a good rep from the time they first popped into H-T.com for the first few months. All I heard was praise at how well they conducted themselves, even letting one customer take a motor home ON CREDIT, which he paid back the next business day. Then all it takes is 2 or 3 guys to *** up their rep with their bickering and complaints.

I swear...you guys are about as bad as O-T.com for messing everything up...
H-T is full of their paying cutomers that did not recieve parts that should have been included in the swap. They messed it up by not doing their job. Bickering and Complaints? Someone spends $2k on a used motor and is missing a downpipe. They don't answer the phone, e-mails go unanswered, and they stop posting here. Others have the same problem with missing parts. I think that gives them the right to complain all they want. If they didn't others including me would have sent Osaka money for a swap and been screwed in the process.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:19 AM

First, you should get it checked out and see what the REAL problem is. If it's an internal problem, installation error, etc...you still need to find out what it is. Then provide proof that the motor was defective and take actions against them. But without actually looking into the problem, how do you REALLY know that the problem lies with Osaka and the motor you bought?

And secondly, budgeting ONLY $2000 on a swap was the first mistake. There will ALWAYS be problems down the line...and you have to anticipate them beforehand. I'm not saying that you didn't recieve a bad motor or not, but you should really find the root of the problem first before placing the blame on anyone... Just my 0.02.

^ And I believe that's where MOST of everyone's problems stem from...jumping to conclusions before trying to work things out or finding out for themselves.
You need to get your lips off of osakas ***, theres no way installaion could cause a ******* knock in the motor like it has, theres obviously something wrong. BUt i am gonna get it checked out, then tell osaka whats up, and if they dont work with me on it there gonna get a not so friendly visit from me!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 AM

ok, customs appears to be free if you pick up the motor yourself, but......did you have to pay sales tax? Would it be possible to buy the engine from where i am and then pick it up (avoiding sales tax and shipping charges)?
MIKE
Old 01-04-2003, 06:42 AM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (neonxrt)

osaka offer a 60 day warranty on all their motors. Internal and everyihtng. So just return ther ******* thing for a new one. PRoblem solved. NOTE TO SELF: never have just right amount of moeny for swap. I was maybe still am going to buy a swap from them. I have heard ghood and bad but **** it there are cheap and I have never had a problem witht hem. MAybe becuase I own a business. So it may be different but they were quick on responding to me. Well good luck guys
Old 01-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (Honda Tech)

osaka offer a 60 day warranty on all their motors. Internal and everyihtng. So just return ther ******* thing for a new one. PRoblem solved.
It's not as simple as you think. Take the whole swap back out, find a pallet, secure it, call a freight company to arrange pick up, pay $150-300 to return it, and wait for your new swap to show up so you can try again and hopefully have a good motor.

They say they hand pick all swaps out of their junkyards in Japan. They might have better luck letting Ray Charles pick my swap.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:57 AM

Default Re: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka? (nsxmatt)

osaka offer a 60 day warranty on all their motors. Internal and everyihtng. So just return ther ******* thing for a new one. PRoblem solved.

It's not as simple as you think. Take the whole swap back out, find a pallet, secure it, call a freight company to arrange pick up, pay $150-300 to return it, and wait for your new swap to show up so you can try again and hopefully have a good motor.

They say they hand pick all swaps out of their junkyards in Japan. They might have better luck letting Ray Charles pick my swap.
Finally someone who has a clue and understands! In my case i'd have to rent another engien hoist, take the motor out, drivre another 6 hrs to montreal and back, AND HOPE LIKE HELL TH ENEXT MOTOR IS GOOD, then drop it in, all becuase THEY sold me a junk motor, i didnt do **** wrong.

Quick Reply: has ANYONE gotten a good swap from Osaka?